B series header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdm headers and downpipes are not interchangeable with usdm headers and downpipes...cuz i tried putting on a usdm gsr downpipe on my jdm b16 upper half...and the bolt pattern is different...but most b series headers should fit cuz i got a usdm header on my jdm b16 motor...and it bolts up fine...just that i have to fabricate a test pipe to connect to my catalytic converter....on my ef hatch....

ive got a usdm b16 header on my jdm b16 motor witha high flow cat and it works just fine! you may wanna do that so that way you can atleast tell a cop that its a CAT!

Originally posted by alldriverSiR@Mar 18 2004, 03:30 AM
jdm headers and downpipes are not interchangeable with usdm headers and downpipes...

ummm yes they are, people put JDM headers on USDM cars all the time. im going to be putting the JDM ITR 4-1 on my USDM B18C1. you sure you didnt have it crooked or something?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Mar 18 2004, 12:01 PM-->
alldriverSiR
@Mar 18 2004, 03:30 AM
jdm headers and downpipes are not interchangeable with usdm headers and downpipes...

ummm yes they are, people put JDM headers on USDM cars all the time. im going to be putting the JDM ITR 4-1 on my USDM B18C1. you sure you didnt have it crooked or something?

he's talkin' 'bout those 2 piece OEM stamped header POS things.

Yeah- those might not be compatible, but the routings between the exhaust manifold flange and where the collector meets the catalytic converter are always the same.

okay i just bought a b16 head to put on my ls block can i use my b18a stock header until i can afford a new header . and when i get the money do i buy a b16 header?its a 90 teg

yes the b18a header will work...may rattle and stuff, but works. its what I have runnin in my 91 teg/b16 swap.

i just did an ls swap at my 90 crx. i got a dc headers from a CRV. now the headers sits low and i had to have a muffler shop cut my greddy exhaust and put an S pipe so that i can drive it. Is this a normal problem with swaps or should i get an ls (b18b) headers...my car is slamed but when i had my stock d16 engine it never scrapes...i really need an answer on this so i can finally decide what to do

a crv block is physically longer than a b18 block, so the header is longer, which is why it sits lower. It usually isnt a problem with swaps, but when you do things like run a longer header on a short block it happens. get a header meant for the engine then have your muffler shop make any adjustments that need to be made. like if you have a b18a-90-93 integra.

cyclone..reguarding you b16 swap ... i heard tegs were way to heavy for a b16 motor is that true or are you pulling hard?

yea it really sucks. needs more torque. Im also running the LS tranny which is like another kick in the ass. I want to swap to something else, like a LS/vtec maybe cause I still have my LS engine, and the B16 head, or maybe an h22 swap(but thats gonna be a bitch). Im getting a turbo soon, so once I do Ill run it on the B16 until I break something, then Ill install it on the LS/vtec and be happy.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 21 2004, 06:57 PM
a crv block is physically longer than a b18 block, so the header is longer, which is why it sits lower. It usually isnt a problem with swaps, but when you do things like run a longer header on a short block it happens. get a header meant for the engine then have your muffler shop make any adjustments that need to be made. like if you have a b18a-90-93 integra.

no its not. the CRV block has the exact same deck height as the LS/GSR/TypeR block. so the header wont be any different then the LS. the header from the GSR/TypeR will be slightly longer because of a deeper oil pan.

Durr.... wow, I didn't know the B20 had a longer block, even though the B18 and B20 have the exact same rod length and stroke length- hell, even identical crankshafts and crank mounting locations! Gee whiz...

:blink: :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back