B-SERIES IN 93 SI HATCH

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

OK I GOT A 93 HATCH SI AND TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IM NEW TO THE HONDA SCENE. A GUY TOLD ME I COULD JUST SWITCH 1 MOUNT AND SWAP A B SERIES MOTOR IN IT. IS THIS TRUE? I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I WOULD NEED A MOUNT KIT. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS JUST REALIZED IT

actually, you should only have to do that for a first-generation B16

the OBD1 b16 should drop in..

i know the OND1 GSR motors do..

in the 92-95 civics, the engine compartment is laid out just like that of the integra..

94-01 integras and 92-95 civics share the same chassis, any b series engine will bolt in witht the exception of the driverside mount and it's OBD status. Your gonna have to find a hydro tranny for it also.

are we forgetting about the tranny mount?
the rear bracket that goes from the engine block to the mount?

if going withe the first gen B16 wiht a cable tranny you need to upgrade that mount to an aftermarket unit.

if going with a cable tranny you can use the 94 gsr rear bracket or you can get one from hasport for $75...i have a 94 coupe and dropped a first gen b16 without changing the drivers side mount...all i needed was the rear bracket because i use the ls cable tranny so i got the gsr one...i don't know if the hatch is different but i doubt you need to change the drivers side mount...everything should work perfect unless if you go with the cable tranny

if the mounts come with the engine ur droppin in you should be alright, you cant use the mount from the d series...i tried i, didn't work so i tried "modifying" it didnt work..bought an ls mount and went right in.

i am a little confused...........i am doing something similar like what this guy is doing.i have a 92 civic hb and i am droping in a 92 ls motor in it.so i just need the rear backet form hasport and the driver side upper mount..right????

unbolt your stock motor, and take it out, if the LS has stock mounts on it, drop it in, and bolt it back in... simple...

if it doesn't have mounts, go to a junkyard and get some

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Dec 3 2003, 04:36 PM
unbolt your stock motor, and take it out, if the LS has stock mounts on it, drop it in, and bolt it back in... simple...

if it doesn't have mounts, go to a junkyard and get some

Exactly.

You need the mounts that fit the motor, the 5th gen civic B16A's and Delsol's all share the same mounts, the Integras have a different offset on the drivers side mount, the bolts are straight, while the Civic/Delsols are offset from each other. But as long as you have the mount that matchs the bracket on the motor they ALL mount the same way.

Back