B-series motor mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

hope this is the right form to post in. any how
i want to do a B16 SiR swap in my 88 HB. but the cost is 2-3x that of the ZC but you get more power ect. so i want to cut my cost as much as i can and i'm sure im not the only one with this problem. i have seen my diff mont kit brands and prices.
HASport is like 350-400$ which i think is way too much but i'm sure is a great product, but what about other brands are they just as good?? like the ones from Kteller that are 175$?? anyone heard of them ?? or know of other brands that are just as good??
:blah:

its not a good idea to purchase crappy motor mounts, sense there soul purpose is to hold your motor in your car. i would get place racing or hasport mounts and try to cut corners other places like with the axles, linkage, and wiring. put your money where it counts into the engine and its components and buy the rims, stereo, exhaust, air intake, etc latter. but thats just my opinion...

Originally posted by 9inch@Jun 5 2004, 07:14 PM
its not a good idea to purchase crappy motor mounts, sense there soul purpose is to hold your motor in your car. i would get place racing or hasport mounts and try to cut corners other places like with the axles, linkage, and wiring. put your money where it counts into the engine and its components and buy the rims, stereo, exhaust, air intake, etc latter. but thats just my opinion...

its not a good idea to cut corners in teh following areas

wiring, mounts, linkages axels. Swapping an engine into car is not exactly something you should cut corners on anyhow. The mounts on kteller are good mounts, they are designed jsut as the place racin units are. just cheaper at only $175.

i know what motor mounts do but are the cheaper ones any good?
i'm buying threw Hmotors and they are selling linkage for like 50$ and mounts for 350$ wireing i will do myself.

i am not trying to cut corners eather just don't wanna be raped by geting name bran when not so popular products are out there. like in the tool world yes
Snap-On is the best but there are cheaper products out there that are just as good

good point with the tools..

dont forget to budget for misc items like extra wires, belts, timing belt, water pump, timing belt tensioner, cap/rotor/igniter etc...

the mounts H motors are going to give you are stock B series mounts. They work, but their stock. Polyurethane>rubber. Dont cut corners, itll get back to you eventually.

im using place racing mounts and my passenger side mount is out of an 90-93 integra.

you all have the wrong idea. when i said cut corners i just meant...you can save money by not buying the pre-fabed hasport line. like the wiring conversion harness they sale. it can be made. the axles can come from a junkyard and fixed. you won't need anything other than stock integra axles. the linkage can be cut and made to fit using 90-93 teg linkage. thing like that. personally i bought my motor from hmotorsonline, sir, and just recently got it hooked up. the thing started up no problem. plus you can't beat the garentee. if i were you i would get the linkage and mounts and conversion harness from hmotorsonline. the prices he offers them at are as low as i've seen them, when you buy a complete motor. unless you find them on ebay or something like that. i've seen hasport linkage on ebay for about 100$, but the mounts 350$ is the cheapest that i have seen. you can cut corners on somethings and have a perfectly fine car. i guess what i really was saying is that if your doing a motor swap concentrate on the motor swap and everything it entails. put your money into that first and then worry about everything else. i hope all that shit made sense?

If you can't afford to do something right the first time, just think how much it's going to hit paying for it again later on.

:werd: thats my philosophy. The main reason I have hasport mounts is because I can have the piece of mind that they won't break. EVER. I have never heard ANYONE complain about hasport mounts and that is really saying something.

I have seen one HAsport mount break, and the moment it did, they sent him a new set immediately, and had him mail them the mount so they could look at it.

:concur:

Hasport... but AN-R's mounts are like Place Racing's for $175 shipped

I have seen a lot of broken HCP and Place Racing mounts. I would advise to stay away from them, HASport gets my vote as does AZRace if they are still around.

Arizona Race & Machine

These mounts look Identical to Hasport Mounts and are made from the same materials! Never tried them but it's something worth looking into! They are also more or less half the price of Hasport Mounts. Plus they look nice and polished!
Just a second Option!

Originally posted by Vizzion@Jun 11 2004, 10:50 AM
Arizona Race & Machine

These mounts look Identical to Hasport Mounts and are made from the same materials! Never tried them but it's something worth looking into! They are also more or less half the price of Hasport Mounts. Plus they look nice and polished!
Just a second Option!

I know a guy who runs them, and he has not had any issues with them at all. AZRace makes good shit.

Back