B-Series Oil Pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

I found out today what is wrong with the B18A that is in my car now, and I was just wondering if anyone has done an oil pump in these and how hard it is. Also if you could let me know how to go about doing one, I would greatly appriciate it.

probably just gotta jack up the car, drain the oil and pull the pan off.

timing belt off, new pump, water pump gasket glue?? fo sho.........reset timing belt, and drive.

oil pump is on the other side, under the dizzy kinda.

its not easy, but not too hard either

Huh?

I thought you had to take off the oil pan, and the crank pulley to get the pump out, and I thought it was on the crankpulley side, not the distributor....

Yeah... :alcoholic:

:D

There should be a deeper part of the pan which is where the plug is, thats what side the pump is on. go out and look under your car. ;)

Ok ok. Let me be more specific.

I know where the pump is. It is on the crankpulley side, behind the crankpulley. My question is has anyone done one before, how hard was it to do, and how do I go about doing it. Do I have to remove the crankpulley, or the crank, or can I remove it by just removing the oilpan??

you need to remove the pan, as the oil pump has bolts that hold the pan on. You also need to take off the crank pulley, and take off the timing belt. Its not all that hard but not easy, should take you a couple of hours depending on what you know. You will need the new pump, crank seal if pump doesn't come with one, honda bond or some anearobic sealant.

:withstupid:

You also will need to remove the oil pick-up inside of the oil pan. There are six bolts that hold the oil pump in place: 4 10mm bolts on the top of the pump, and 2 12mm bolts holding it at the bottom. It should take a little bit of tapping to get the hondabond to let loose; I used my rubber mallet and tapped on the lower edge, and it popped right off. Make sure you clean the mating surface really well of any oil residue, or the hondabond won't make a good seal. Also, it's pretty simple but the pump ring only fits onto the crank one way, so make sure it's lined up right.

Back