B series parts. What combination?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GT500FTW

Hey guys. I'm looking for a bit of advice on which of my engine parts will yield the biggest gain? I will be turbocharging this setup, and looking for about 350-400HP

I have a full
B16A2 engine with a Y21 LSD box AND
B18C4 engine with a S9B LSD box.

I have brand new forged pistons and conrods for my B16 - New ACL race bearings, ARP main bolts.

Part of me wants to use the B18 block with the B16 head, but part of me wants to just use the B16 with all my turbo parts.

If I go for the B18 block/B16 head option, what, if any of my turbo parts will i be able to use?

Would you guys suggest that I just turbo the B16, or will i be better off with the B16/B18 combo? What is the best combination of parts? (If you could include your reasons why also, that would be great)

Thanks

Graham

The b16 head has better casting so u will have better flow. The b18 is a taller block so u will have more torque. I'm not sure if the forged pistons will fit on the stock b18c rods. Also the b18c uses different rod bearings from all the other b series so it depends on if the ACL bearings are for a b18c or all other b series BTW i'm jealous of you transmission collection let me know if you ever want to sell one of them lol.

Last edited:
Back