b series pistions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 JDM SI

ok my buddy has a d16a6 and he was think about doing a mini me swap but doesnt wanna leave the stock d16 pistons in and was wondering if pistons from a b16a would fit in the d16 i dont think so but seems to think other wise so what do you guys think

I am not the person to talk to about D series builds. I think they cost too much for the results you get. I would suggest a B18A/B motor for cheap (by searching and waiting) and slowly build the bottom end and buy the rest of the parts for a swap. Then you could source a B series VTEC head and get yourself around 200whp (with the BUILT B18B bottom)

if you increase compression by any significant amount then you will need to have your car tuned. you can't just drop them in and go, these are not small block chevy engines.

i understand that but how much could i possibly increase the compression with a mini me swap and some teggy pistons its not like im boring out the cylnders and dropping in biggers pistons or adding forced induction to i wanna see how much power i can get outta this as a n/a setup

you would be suprised p29 pistons can bump compression as high as 12:1 on certian setups. with the d16a6 block and vtec head i wanna say its somewhere around 11:1

damn that is a huge increase in compression i didnt realize that, that some little pistons and a vtec head could bump it up that high

P29/PM7, PG6, or even PM3s will bump up compression.

Compression is higher on the VTEC heads; about 12:1 w/P29s and D16Z6 head, and 11:1 with the stock A6 head.

ok then in your opinion what would be the best route to go with the pistons and vtec head so i can get maximum horsepower and performance.but still retain good reliability and everything. cuz im thinkin i wanna keep the compression under 11:1.

Back