B-series Swap W/AC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sooboss

My HB has no AC. When I did my swap most of the AC was junk so I Trashed it. Now Iam considering it. Re-installing it. I know that. I need Hasports Bracket for the B-series swap. But god i look in the engine bay and seems there isn't too much room for this mod. well Iam going to go through with it just wanted to know if anyone has done this and if they have pictures of it...

i do. you dont need the hasport bracket. you can use pretty much everything you already have with your swap.

you need:

B series compressor/bracket
B series hose that goes from compressor to firewall
everything else from the stock a/c. you'll probably want to buy a new dryer (little silver canister behind the driver's headlight), as these soak up moisture, and when they sit open they can soak up so much moisture that your a/c will be...um...moist.

bolt everything together. the last thing you need to do is get a custom hose made (about $35) that goes between the B-series compressor and the D-series upper connection on the condenser.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 13 2004, 10:45 AM
i do. you dont need the hasport bracket. you can use pretty much everything you already have with your swap.

you need:

B series compressor/bracket
B series hose that goes from compressor to firewall
everything else from the stock a/c. you'll probably want to buy a new dryer (little silver canister behind the driver's headlight), as these soak up moisture, and when they sit open they can soak up so much moisture that your a/c will be...um...moist.

bolt everything together. the last thing you need to do is get a custom hose made (about $35) that goes between the B-series compressor and the D-series upper connection on the condenser.
[post=389645]Quoted post[/post]​

so any b-series compressor/bracket will work..?

Are you sure that works on the ED/EF? It does on the EG chassis, but I don't know about the 4th gens.

And yeah, any b-series compressor/bracket will work.

Pics:
gallery_24518_55_1095100329.jpg

gallery_24518_55_1095100134.jpg

the custom line
gallery_24518_55_1095100658.jpg

I also got a flexy fan from autozone, and wired both of my fans to a switch. w00t!

It's ice fucking cold. I love it.

Back