1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B series Tranny needed

Discussion in 'Parts: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by EthanC, Jul 22, 2008.

1. EthanC

EthanC New Member

I have a 89 civic dx hatch that I am looking to swap a b20 into. I need a b series manual transmission. I don't really have a preference at the moment as I just need something cheap, quickly, and that works. I am in Columbus and would prefer something at least in the state if not local. I am unsure if I need a hydro or cable, so hopefully an expert can lend some knowledge on that one. Good clutch and flywheel a plus...

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I'd sell you mine with a clutch and flywheel, but I'm sure it'd be well outside your price range.

Your car came with a cable actuated clutch, so ideally you should try to find a cable clutch transmission. They're harder and harder to find every day though, so you might want to get a hydraulic transmission and mount everything up with a kit that converts your transmission to match the car. Almost every single major Honda swap mount manufacturer has a conversion for the hydraulic transmission into a 4th generation Civic.

3. sIR-TecH

sIR-TecH Master Of The Universe

I got a 1993 YS1 GSR cable trans. Has a clutch and flywheel. Make me an offer.

4. LightWeightChamp

LightWeightChamp Honda FTW!

i have a b16 cable, stage 2 clutch, make offer

5. EthanC

EthanC New Member

I have no idea what would be fair for either plus they would need shipped to columbus OH. What is a rough starting point for there values?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted