B-Series Tranny Swaping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bryan0129

Are all the B-series trannies interchangable? I am putting a B18 into my Civic and I was curious to see if any of the others will interchange, such as the YS1 to the Y80 or YS1 to the S80.

See the Civic is Hydro and the B18 motor came with a cable tranny, so can I can leave it Hydro and put a hydro Tranny on the B18, right?

Yes, sell the tranny that came with the motor(cable) and buy another B-series tranny(hydro).

Also, you know that the motor you are swapping in is OBD0 and your car is OBD1 right. Those will not work together.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Aug 11 2004, 07:09 PM
Yes, sell the tranny that came with the motor(cable) and buy another B-series tranny(hydro).

Also, you know that the motor you are swapping in is OBD0 and your car is OBD1 right. Those will not work together.
[post=375604]Quoted post[/post]​

No the B18A1 I have is OBD 1, Tell me if I am wrong, but it came out of a 92' Integra. The 90' and 91' B18A1 was OBD 0

what year civic do you have? if its 88-91 you have to convert the engine to obd-0, which you swap out injectors, distributer, alternator, maybe 02 sensor(not too sure because some obd-1 ran 4 wire o2's, and obd-0 are 1 wire)
and then u can get the hasport mount kit for ur car so u dont have to swap the transmission.
You need this kit, so u dont have to swap trannys

I have a 93 Civic, which has the hydro tranny. So all i have to do is put a hydro B18A1 tranny in it and it will be ok...for that part.

Back