B Series trans ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikey bottles

Prof. Bottles
Allright, ive done a bit of searching... ill admit on this one i got a bit lazy and prob couldve spent more time searching, but i really dont understand anything that im reading. I have a b16a w/ the y1 NON lsd cable trans, ive been told by about 4 people that my main shaft bearing is going bad, so im looking into getting it fixed bc its not only my dd but i also use it to do auto x often. Now.... i dont know ANYTHING about transmissions, when i have the trans torn down id like to rebuild it properly with quality parts that will produce gains for low end, auto x style driving. so any info here would help, what are close ratio gears, and whats different about them than my o.e.m ones? whats the final drive and what should i look for in one for my current needs? and can anyone recommend me to a decent place to get parts from? sorry if this is a total noob ? but i didnt see anything in the general or tech sections on this, and i would rather ask the ?'s and get this done right, the first time.. and hopefully gain a bit of knowledge.

gearspeed.net just call and talk to them i have never dealt with them but i have heard that they are good. kind of expensive though. they should be able to help though

I did a write-up, it's in my sig. It shows you how to completely dissasemble your trans and you can use it to put it back together. It doesn't tell you about clearances or gear ratios though.

yea i actually read that the other day and was planning on using it as a guide when i actually go to do the work!! ive been talking to a few people and im pretty much just going to keep the factory gears with a larger final drive for the extra bump in acceleration and try and find an aftermarket lsd!!! learned a few things over the past few days!!!! hahaha lucky enough to find a few people who took the time to spell shit out for me ftw!

Back