1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B Series trans ?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by mikey bottles, Jun 26, 2008.

1. mikey bottles

mikey bottles Prof. Bottles

Allright, ive done a bit of searching... ill admit on this one i got a bit lazy and prob couldve spent more time searching, but i really dont understand anything that im reading. I have a b16a w/ the y1 NON lsd cable trans, ive been told by about 4 people that my main shaft bearing is going bad, so im looking into getting it fixed bc its not only my dd but i also use it to do auto x often. Now.... i dont know ANYTHING about transmissions, when i have the trans torn down id like to rebuild it properly with quality parts that will produce gains for low end, auto x style driving. so any info here would help, what are close ratio gears, and whats different about them than my o.e.m ones? whats the final drive and what should i look for in one for my current needs? and can anyone recommend me to a decent place to get parts from? sorry if this is a total noob ? but i didnt see anything in the general or tech sections on this, and i would rather ask the ?'s and get this done right, the first time.. and hopefully gain a bit of knowledge.

2. hondadsix

hondadsix dsix

gearspeed.net just call and talk to them i have never dealt with them but i have heard that they are good. kind of expensive though. they should be able to help though

3. mikey bottles

thanks man... appreciate it!

4. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

I did a write-up, it's in my sig. It shows you how to completely dissasemble your trans and you can use it to put it back together. It doesn't tell you about clearances or gear ratios though.

5. mikey bottles

yea i actually read that the other day and was planning on using it as a guide when i actually go to do the work!! ive been talking to a few people and im pretty much just going to keep the factory gears with a larger final drive for the extra bump in acceleration and try and find an aftermarket lsd!!! learned a few things over the past few days!!!! hahaha lucky enough to find a few people who took the time to spell shit out for me ftw!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted