1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B-swap mount question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by fronomo, Jan 15, 2008.

1. fronomo

fronomo New Member

Ok, I currently have a d16y8 in my EJ8 and have some pretty nice innovative mounts. I am building an ls/vtec to swap into my car and have seen different things, some saying that the d-series mounts (or some of them) can be used for a b-series swap as well. Others tell me this isn't true. I figure this is a good place to ask. Can any of the d-series mounts be used in my swap?

2. PhrequenC

PhrequenC New Member

im in the same boat bro. what mounts do i need exactly for my swap? lsvtec b18b into ej8 99-00

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You guys should check out the reference section:

http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/6th-gen-civic-basic-swap-overview-29118/

Apparently you need the rear transmission mount from a 99-00 Si or a 94-01 Integra, and the driver's side mount from the 99-00 Si. If you want to keep your A/C, then you'll also need the A/C bracket from a Del Sol VTEC. Everything else you can reuse.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  4. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

You cannot use integra rear or drivers side mounts in 96-00 civics. Tranny mount will work fine. If you have innovative mounts then you can use a 94-01 integra drivers side mount i beleive. I have that mount and it basically converts the civic mount to the integra and eg civic design.

5. UNDR8D

UNDR8D ...has a job!

Yah, the EG and and the DC share the same chassis dimensions. The integra rear mount will not work in a 96-00. I recently ordered the rear mount from a 99 si to use in my EJ2 and it was far too short at the top. I had to order the DC2 rear mount.

6. boostedek9

boostedek9 Junior Member

just use ll the mount from a 99-00 civic si. thats what i used in my 96 EK hatch and it bolted up smoothly with no issues and yes you can use the 94-01 integra rear t bracket

7. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

You cannot, I must stress cannot, use the integra rear mount in a 96-00 civic.

8. boostedek9

boostedek9 Junior Member

sorry i was mistaken you cannot use the integra rear t bracket just like killercannible said

9. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

99-00 SI rear L bracket
    99-00 SI timing belt side motor mount bracket(bolts to the block with 2 studs sticking up)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted