B, time for a new Genny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's also fantastically $45k by the time you get a radio and heated seats in it...

it's also fantastically $45k by the time you get a radio and heated seats in it...

And its awesome. Did I tell you its awesome? Yeah you can get a 'Stange 5.0 and walk the thing, but who cares. Cuz BMW.

it's simply not something i'm willing to buy at that price tag.

I had the $800/m car payment. never again. it's not worth it.

I can't imagine a car that expensive. The 228i i posted on the other page would only be $260. There isn't much more a car could give me that would warrant $300-$500/month more.

I can't imagine a car that expensive. The 228i i posted on the other page would only be $260. There isn't much more a car could give me that would warrant $300-$500/month more.

You gotta drive one amigo. That's cheap.

add the cold weather and msport package, and track pack, premium package so you get decent headlights and bam, its 43k already.

might as well just get the m235i, which you will then put 10k in packages on too cuz you want that stuff in a car. and now we're at 55k.

i paid 39 for my m3, and had a couple grand in rollover from my trade (upside down) + dealer conveyance, tax and shit and it was about 44k financed. interest rates were higher back then especially on used cars- i think it was 6 or 7%... i had a nice $849 payment for 60 months. It was fun when i had it, and i was in a pretty good place with money back then, and was young and stupid, so i went for it. I don't regret it, but it was pretty much the stupidest thing i've done. lol yep, even the del sol didn't touch any where near those numbers. I liked the car. it was great. I still miss it sometimes. but i don't miss paying for it.

And that's where I am right now.

What do i want to drive AND pay for.
I have -0- car payment right now, and it's awesome.

I'd love to trade in my car, and spend like 2 or 3k cash on a minor upgrade. I'm not looking to get in to a loan or buy something new. I just want more room and more class for the job toting around clients, yet still be happy to drive it and comfortable.
Tomrrow is the shit i'm in- i have to take 2 clients to lunch. both are 6'5. guess whos going in the back seat? lol no one. one of them has to drive :/

Your criteria mean you cannot be satisfied by 1 car. What you need to do is keep the genesis, and treat it like a toy. Then buy something SENSIBLE that you can use for work. Something that is reliable, comfortable, and affordable.

For instance ($8995):
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CORD%7CTouring]][]]&listingId=412746232&Log=0

Or, if you think you NEED more power ($8989):
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...LDR&searchRadius=25&listingId=398542286&Log=0

Both of these cars have heated, power, leather seats, and moonroofs. They are both less than 10 years old, and have less than 80,000 miles. The 7th gen V6 manual coupes are just as quick as a stock 2.0t Genesis. Add 2 doors and an automatic transmission, and you lose a few tenths, but still more than enough to get out of its own way. Only a pretentious snob would complain about riding in these cars, and anyone who is not a douchebag would be comfortable and happy.

add the cold weather and msport package, and track pack, premium package so you get decent headlights and bam, its 43k already.

might as well just get the m235i, which you will then put 10k in packages on too cuz you want that stuff in a car. and now we're at 55k.
I'm confused. The 228 on the last page is a 2009. It was only $16,000. All the packages included. If I owned a house already, I would consider buying it.

i didn't see the price- i was referring to a new one

I hate the 430-ish/mo payment I have, now that I have a house. But it's almost done.

I wouldn't ever pay more than $200/mo for a car again if I couldn't pay cash for it.

so 200/m over 5 years is a 12k car. you basically can't buy anything, ever. lol

That's usually the trade in value... still, taking 10k (prob what my car is worth on a good day) off of 55k still leaves an absurb payment

Don't you guys ever put cash down when you buy a car? Geeze.

I haven't bought a car from a dealer before. lol Usually I get a loan for a car and put a couple thousand more into it since I don't get approved for as much car as a I want. My last loan value was $15,000. I had to pay an extra $1500 to get my 330ci. Last year I was approved for a $55,000 loan. I don't want to know what I would get approved for this year with my new salary. lol

I would never buy a BMW or MB new, they depreciate like fucking crazy.

Nick,
Get an E92 335i at least, screw the 328i. :p

Your criteria mean you cannot be satisfied by 1 car. What you need to do is keep the genesis, and treat it like a toy. Then buy something SENSIBLE that you can use for work.
i don't really want the genesis any more... i'm bored with it, and i'm annoyed with the clutch. it's time for a change. I've had this car since jul 09. It's the longest i've ever owned a car by a few years gap. almost 6.5 years! that's 3 standard deviations longer than usual lol
I don't want 2 cars either. its more in insurance even with the multi discount. And if i'm going to have a 2nd vehicle, it's going to be some sort of truck/utility, but i don't want a truck to drive to work every day either.

and lets face it, half of my client stuff happens last minuet. I'll probably have the wrong car that day as just my luck which negates the purpose.

i'm going to look at this guy on lunch tomorrow if i have time.
http://www.northbayimports.com/Certified-2011-Mercedes-Benz-C300-East-Windsor-CT/vd/30766427

Back