B, time for a new Genny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I see and hear of people with $500/m mortgages.
that doesn't even cover my property taxes.

shit $500/m taxes ....mine are $650/m and I don't get shit..no curb side leave removal, no city dump pass, no curb side garage pickup(yeap I pay a private trash company)...I don't even know wtf my taxes cover lol...$7800 a year in taxes and I don't get shit

you get schools for the kids you don't have.

san jose is probably just as expensive as Seattle. i wouldn't consider that a CoL downgrade.

shit $500/m taxes ....mine are $650/m and I don't get shit..no curb side leave removal, no city dump pass, no curb side garage pickup(yeap I pay a private trash company)...I don't even know wtf my taxes cover lol...$7800 a year in taxes and I don't get shit

Damn, thats alot for taxes, but you do live in a city so you are also helping to pay for the "less fortunate" in the other part of town. I am surprised you don't have city trash. But trash is only like $28 a month from a private company.

I am in a small town near you on the other side of the river 300 a month in taxes (I bet my house and lot are smaller than yours and B's) no curbside trash. Leaf bag pickup and brush cleanup once a year. Free to bring those to the transfer station at anytime, transfer station is $20 for the year. My city water is outrageous. water and sewer fees come out to be $.0158 per gallon. My advertised 2.5gpm shower head wads putting out over 4 gallons per minute so it was replaced with a 1.5gpm.

Fuck me, and you guys complain about CA taxes?

My taxes + home owners ins is $419 a month.

I pay $700 a year and I get recycling pickup every two weeks, on that same day they do leaf/brush/whole fucking tree pickup as well as bulky item pickup too. The recycling picks up at like 6 or 7 am and I think he calls in what's where for the rest. Also we have about 4 or 5 dump stations around the outskirts of the town in case you just need to haul stuff off, free as well. Neighbor across the street had 3 trees fall around around a year ago and blocked the street. City was out in about an hour chopping it up, removed it from the road and his yard and collected it all in the next couple of days. They ended up replacing a sewer line or something while they were there and seeded and spread hay on his yard to regrow what the trees and their trucks destroyed.

I pay $700 a year and I get recycling pickup every two weeks, on that same day they do leaf/brush/whole fucking tree pickup as well as bulky item pickup too. The recycling picks up at like 6 or 7 am and I think he calls in what's where for the rest. Also we have about 4 or 5 dump stations around the outskirts of the town in case you just need to haul stuff off, free as well. Neighbor across the street had 3 trees fall around around a year ago and blocked the street. City was out in about an hour chopping it up, removed it from the road and his yard and collected it all in the next couple of days. They ended up replacing a sewer line or something while they were there and seeded and spread hay on his yard to regrow what the trees and their trucks destroyed.

this is why I want to move to TN lol...Preferably Franklin

If you can keep your salary and move south, you're a king.

I'd prefer to move to a state with no income tax. It's easy enough to shop online and avoid sales tax. The only thing we pay a lot for here in Washington is property and gas taxes. But sales tax in Seattle is 9.9%, which is fucking annoying. So big purchases we either go to Oregon or buy online.

If I lived in TN...I'd take home about $420 more a month...and my wife around 300... That's $720 a month more in our pockets

Nah. The franklin area is a haven for health insurance related businesses. Working with workers comp as he does he would probably be able to stay on par.

also, let me know when you're ready to pull that trigger, i should have the real estate license soon. Franklin is the place to be, it's one of my main goals as far as living somewhere. Fair st. in downtown franklin is my ideal place. any of the houses.

Last edited:
Nah. The franklin area is a haven for health insurance related businesses. Working with workers comp as he does he would probably be able to stay on par.

also, let me know when you're ready to pull that trigger, i should have the real estate license soon. Franklin is the place to be, it's one of my main goals as far as living somewhere. Fair st. in downtown franklin is my ideal place. any of the houses.

B, I'd make 80+ in a Risk Management/Loss Control position in the south no problem. Even more if I got my ARM. All the hospitals and medical facilities are hiring these kinds of positions now because claim frequency is going up and they have no controls in place and no one overseeing the people handling their claims. Here in CT a experienced Risk Manager with an ARM is in the 115k+ range. Down there I would say 90k+

I'll let you know when my Wife dies or we get divorced lol. She will never leave CT. I've been to Franklin/Nashville 13 or so times now....i know that is where i want to live......I lovvvvvvvve me the Cork & Cow in downtown Franklin. Best steak I have ever eaten in my life , Bone in Filet. OMG....so yum. The Staggerac, Mr. Hyde. for drinks....Our clients took us there every time we came out there, got spoiled.

Back