b to d swap, some questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Coutts

Alright so my ls/vtec finally blew up for good, parting the motor out, putting in a d series and selling the car.

So i have some questions. First off what mounts do i have to change? I've been told i just need to get a d series rear mount bracket and then the d series will drop right in, is this correct?

Also about shift linkage, can i take the shifter that was in my b series shift linkage and use it in my d series shift linkage or will it not work?

Finally as far as wiring, im going to be getting a jdm d15b from hmotorsonline, it will come with a rhd harness but i know i cant use this. My plan is to reuse my uncut obd2 harness out of a 2000 civic si, so how would i go about modifying this (i know off the top of my head i need to do something about the dizzy harness) to work? I know ill need an obd1 conversion harness and might have to cut it up to work, would it be easier just to shovel out and buy an obd1 harness from somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't know what else you gotta convert, the d15b7-d15b vtec swap was my first and only swap so far but I'm sure the info's on this site somewhere :).

And yea, Rywire's products are top notch, the vtec subharness I bought from them hooked right up, plugged it right up and BAM instant vtec.

I wouldn't know what else you gotta convert, the d15b7-d15b vtec swap was my first and only swap so far but I'm sure the info's on this site somewhere :).

And yea, Rywire's products are top notch, the vtec subharness I bought from them hooked right up, plugged it right up and BAM instant vtec.

looks like im deff getting parts from them, i knew someone had to have made this easier lol i do NOT trust myself splicing random shit haha

Random shit? It's easy really as long as you do the research first and find out exactly which wires to splice. I had to do that with my o2 sensor after I bought a header, the 4-wire o2 sensor was badly stripped, so I had to cut the 4-wire sensor from the b7 harness I'm using, and cut the 1-wire o2 sensor that came with the d15b vtec, and splice one of the black wires so I could leave the 4-wire plugs alone, so I'm using a 1-wire o2 sensor right now.

Back