B vs H

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1sikef

Ok im getting an EG hatch, i want to either build a B-Series or H-Series For Boost,
What would be the best bang for my buck i want like 500 whp, i had a turbo d but it was only like 300whp, i just got a settlement and want to build something, just need some opinions guys

yeah its gonna be my weekend car meet/track car, i got the rex for dd, i just want best bang for my buck ive never had boosted b or h so im just looking for opinions

what i would probably do is get a b18a/b/c block, have it sleeved to 83mm or so. then get a vtec head, build it with boost cams, valvtrain, p&p, etc... get a nice intake mani and tb, 3" downpipe and exhaust, etc.

basically, for 500+hp you will have to fully build the engine, if you want it to be reliable you cant take shortcuts.

the reason i say you should build a b series is because you will have to do the same things to an h22 in order to make 500hp, and you will be carrying around the extra weight and have minimal transmission options.

what i would probably do is get a b18a/b/c block, have it sleeved to 83mm or so. then get a vtec head, build it with boost cams, valvtrain, p&p, etc... get a nice intake mani and tb, 3" downpipe and exhaust, etc.

basically, for 500+hp you will have to fully build the engine, if you want it to be reliable you cant take shortcuts.

the reason i say you should build a b series is because you will have to do the same things to an h22 in order to make 500hp, and you will be carrying around the extra weight and have minimal transmission options.
If you want to get technical the H has more transmission options then the B.

i dont know a ton about h series stuff, but i have heard their transmissions are fragile. i think that the variety of b series transmissions are more common and readily available.

most common,easiest to build,and easiest to swap in would be the B...
you can build a pretty nasty all motor LSVTEC..do itbs and the whole shit..hell you can build a nasty boosted B..options are endless

h series tranny sucks.. thats why alot of people do h to b.. if u want id do that,go h to b with like a b16 tranny an boost it. h motors were made to handle power.. 500hp tho.. your not driving this on the street are you? id use it for a track car but i mean 500 horses will get you into troubble or dead on the street..

i dont know a ton about h series stuff, but i have heard their transmissions are fragile. i think that the variety of b series transmissions are more common and readily available.
They are. That's why God invented the H2B kit.

h series tranny sucks.. thats why alot of people do h to b.. if u want id do that,go h to b with like a b16 tranny an boost it. h motors were made to handle power.. 500hp tho.. your not driving this on the street are you? id use it for a track car but i mean 500 horses will get you into troubble or dead on the street..

Why a B16 transmission? For a boosted H22, I don't really think that would be the best option...

yeah its gunna be my track car. and for the meets. i got my rex for dd, im just saying if i spend 3g on a b and 3g on a h which would i get more out of.

yeah its gunna be my track car. and for the meets. i got my rex for dd, im just saying if i spend 3g on a b and 3g on a h which would i get more out of.

It really depends on how much power you want to get out of it. The H22 has fiber-reinforced sleeves that will need to be replaced if you want to make big power. If you're shooting for 500 horses though, then you're going to need to build whatever motor you've chosen anyway, so it's not really going to matter a whole lot. I'd say go B, just because there's more parts available...

h22 ftw. after everything is said and done it is going to cost about the same b-h it doesnt matter. this is personal choice. i will have 450-500whp on my h22 and it is built but not sleeved. they make a low comp. piston for the h22. 87mm-87.25mm. so it really jusat depends on what you like. both will cost money to make a 500whp motor that is reliable. now thi9s is my opinion,from my experiances.

i call bullshit on the 300hp d16. and if you did, you would know how to build a honda. you wouldn't be here asking "honda 101" questions.

Haha...only 300whp. Once again they clearly dont understand how much power 300whp really is.

300 hp out of a D would be a nasty motor. My Dad's Lexus IS350 has 300hp and it's fast and it weighs nearly 4000 lbs. I really doubt you had 300hp in your car.

But sticking with the subject matter at hand, I'd say go with a B series motor.

yeah im a d-series guy, ive never had a b or h, ive drove a b, thats why im asking opinion on what you all think about the diff motors, i think im going b. but yes 300hp is obtainable on a bult d-series,
its a D16z6, vitara pistons, eagle h-beams, has head work too, p&p matched to a victor x i/m, with matched tb, its got rc 650cc injectors, aem fuel rail, zex stage 3 cam with omni valvetrain, and a full greddy T3 turbo kit, and its was tuned in tampa and made 312whp at 17psi with hondata s200

Back