B16 1320 times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9civicgen4

just curious what some of the EF w/B16 whether it was stock, exhuast, camshafts, or any mods ran the quarter mile in. just want to know what kinda cars i will be able to mess with. :p

Just as a side note just got home from a ride and was screwing with an S2000, not sure if the guy was pushing it really hard, but it wasn't hard at all to keep up with him in the corners. I serious doubt it because it was an old guy driving it.

16.1 BONE stock with 160k miles on the original D16a6.

15.6 with the b16a with only exhaust. Stock PR3 ecu, not able to be tuned. 131hp at the wheels.

14.8 with cams, intake manifold, throttle body, and some tuning. 152 hp at the wheels.

13.8 with Turbo, and a WHOLE lot more, but the car died at the 1000' mark. Should have been a little lower time. 232 hp at the wheels.

All runs were on various street tires. No drag radials, all with 2.2 or higher 60' times in my portly 2350 pound car. 2500 with me in it.

We're shooting for 350+ hp at the wheels this time around.

Not to be a dick or anything, but how are your times so slow? a b16a with exhaust only got you through the 1/4 in 15.6?

What elevation are you at then? because those are some crazily high times with actual horsepower.

My car weighs 2500 pounds first of all. I'm JUST ABOUT at sea level. Our track prep SUCKS, but seriously, because of vehicle weight, the car just wouldn't go anywhere with the stock B16a.

Mid/High 15's is NOT uncommon for a stock b16a, I've found. The lack of torque kills the powerband, and slows 1/4 mile times down quite a bit when compared to a D16 with the same amount of horsepower.

Gotta think, my car is only 200-300 pounds lighter than a 99-00 Civic Si, and every 100-150 pounds is .1 in the 1/4 mile, so I was right on target.

i have a 91 integra with a 1st gen b16 setup in it. it has a iceman intake arospeed exaust and a type r fuel pump and i did a 15.4

My buddies friggin 99 si, with just intake, that's it off the lot hit 15.3 at like 88 so I dunno still. Kind of high for my train of thought. But then again tons of my buddies are still hitting like 16's with i/h/e on 3rd gen teg's.

low end tourqe? why dont you rev then pop the clutch great times one of my freinds had a 00 civic si with a dc cai it was a lot of fun, it might have done low 16 or high 15 at carlsbad but he had no helmet

alex

Originally posted by socalcivic@Sep 4 2003, 03:56 PM
low end tourqe? why dont you rev then pop the clutch great times one of my freinds had a 00 civic si with a dc cai it was a lot of fun, it might have done low 16 or high 15 at carlsbad but he had no helmet

alex

Because that's how you do a BURNOUT, not how you get out of the hole worth a damn.

dude, theres a guy here in town, with stock exhaust from a CX, with a BONE STOCK b16a, only thing is the car is gutted, and he runs 14.9's and is a bad driver. 15.6 is really slow mang... sorry to break it to ya.

like 300 lbs. thats only .3 more in the 1/4 mile, so it gives u about 15.0 - 15.1...

You said GUTTED, too. My car's full interior. 2350 WITHOUT me in it.

Also, was your friend on slicks or maybe drag radials? I was on some pretty heavy 16"s with some noname 205/40/16's.

Every calculator I've found, when I put in my HP, gearing, and weight came up with 15.5ish times, which is what I ran.

i have a 91 DX, with a JDM B16a,
i ran 15.6 @ 88mph, with street tires (BFG comp TA) pieces of shit at 20 psi
-2 inch exhaust with factory manifold
-short ram intake
(note-I live in the middle of canada (pretty close to sea level))

and I know how to fucking drive

my total car weight with my fat ass in it is approx 2500 lbs

so his estimations are pretty fucking bang on
:werd:

Originally posted by Uppertorso@Sep 11 2003, 08:28 PM
-short ram intake

:werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by Uppertorso@Sep 11 2003, 08:28 PM
-short ram intake

i hope thats a dx 4 door....weighing 2500 pds, my buddys b16a1 with all type R internals ran a 14.4 with a ls tranny <_< , i have a b16a1, with a spoon lightend flywheel dunno what i'm gonna run, ran a 15.2 with a zc, so hoping better then that...

i hope thats a dx 4 door....weighing 2500 pds, my buddys b16a1 with all type R internals ran a 14.4 with a ls tranny , i have a b16a1, with a spoon lightend flywheel dunno what i'm gonna run, ran a 15.2 with a zc, so hoping better then that...

-my B16 is completly stock, i don't have (typeR internals)
-still trying to pay for my swap

:ufucktard:

yo SiR..what year is your Si..
i have 91 Si..only weighs around 2100..mid 15's for a stock b16A is on the slower end..not horrible though..stock B16A in any EF 88-91 Civic Hatch should run in 14.7-15.3 area..
i know i do..
Also thoughs 16's u got are def slowing u down..i just got rid of my 17"s and got some 15" rota slips..big difference..car pulls nice..

Originally posted by Uppertorso@Sep 15 2003, 08:58 PM
i hope thats a dx 4 door....weighing 2500 pds, my buddys b16a1 with all type R internals ran a 14.4 with a ls tranny , i have a b16a1, with a spoon lightend flywheel dunno what i'm gonna run, ran a 15.2 with a zc, so hoping better then that...

-my B16 is completly stock, i don't have (typeR internals)
-still trying to pay for my swap

:ufucktard:

as i said, with a b16a in a hatch u should be more closer to the 14's...as i said my zc ran a 15.2, and a 15.3 all day...if i am slower then that with a b16a i will sell my car.

Back