B16 1st gen, 90 LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C_NA

Banned
Throughout my years of tuning honda's i have came over 7 or 8 builds of LSVTEC. But that's on 92 up series though. My cousin asked me today if i can slap on a B16A first gen, on a 90 LS block. I'm not sure if the 90 LS is the B18A or the old D16. I'm sure the 90 is a cable tranny too, which he plans to swap in his CRX. Any suggestions guys?

i have a 90 LS integra. it's a b18a1 block. and yes, it's a cable tranny. :)

i don't see why you can't take a b16a and put it on an LS block... in fact, i'm going to do something similar later...

yeah you can make an ls/vtec with a b16z head and 90 ls block- the Ls block has to be b series- a d16 block will obviously not accept a b16a head

and since he has a 90 LS, he has a b series motor, B18a1. Only thing you need to do is tap your block for an oil line, run wires for vtec, get a OBD 0 VTEC ecu such as the PR3 or PW0, and get a OBD 0 vtec distributor. Theres a article on LS/VTEC on here somewhere, just look for it and it'll give you all the detailed info you need.

Back