b16 1st or 2nd gen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

my buddy got a b16 from some place in Los Angeles but he doesnt Know if its a first gen b16 its a jdm engine and tranny w/ linkage and mounts axels and everything he needs for 1700 they told him it was 170hp but it was obd 0 came off a ef9 hatch they also told him it was a 5 series (im new to hondas what is a 5 series?) how can he tell if its one of these engines or if its just a 1st gen or 2nd gen converted he got the pr3 ecu. im confused my self

thanks

The only b16 that comes stock with 168 hp is a OBD2 engine. The pr3 ECU is a OBD0. It's probably converted. I haven't a clue on the 5 series shit or what he's talking about there. I dunno, whats going on, bump for this guy. My guess the guy selling it doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Edit: nice find brc, i was looking for that.

Quoted post[/post]]
The only b16 that comes stock with 168 hp is a OBD2 engine.

not true.

I haven't a clue on the 5 series shit or what he's talking about there. I dunno, whats going on, bump for this guy. My guess the guy selling it doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

my guess, is YOU don't know what you're talking about :p

the 5-series b16a sir obd0 motor DOES exist and DOES have 168hp.

ok so im not the only one here that doesnt know about 5 series engines what are they and how can you tell its a 5 series from all the others?

:worthy:
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
The only b16 that comes stock with 168 hp is a OBD2 engine.

not true.

I haven't a clue on the 5 series shit or what he's talking about there. I dunno, whats going on, bump for this guy. My guess the guy selling it doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

my guess, is YOU don't know what you're talking about :p

the 5-series b16a sir obd0 motor DOES exist and DOES have 168hp.
:worthy:

Back