B16 89 Crx Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

URNVS

I have 2 blocks available to use for my B16 swap, a B16 and B16A2. The B16A2 is much cleaner looking so I would prefer to use it but will this cause any problems? What are the differences between the two besides the compression ratio? Thanks in advance!

hey wut r u doin wit the one u dont use? im actuly lookin for a b16 block, but jus the head, valves, crank and rods, is there any chance you would be intrested in sellin the one u dont use? let me know

C:R is the same and as long as you are running the same obd ( I am assuming that you are running OBD 0) sensors, then you should be fine.

The OBD can be the same on the B16 & B16A2 blocks? How do I check or modify?

CRseX84 - Its a bare block only (no head)

Originally posted by URNVS@Dec 1 2003, 01:04 AM
The OBD can be the same on the B16 & B16A2 blocks? How do I check or modify?

CRseX84 - Its a bare block only (no head)

you can covert it to obdo. iall depends on the manifold, distrib and harness you would use. but obd0 is no prob here. just use the distrib,manifold with all sensors including injecotrs and ecu from a b16a1(sir and xsi). then you would have to convert your harness to vtec or even mpfi if you have a base model with throttlebody injection. basically give us a little more info on the car.

All the parts except the actual block itself will be off a SiR swap so it sounds like I shouldnt have any problems. Physically the two are very similar, although there appears to be a hose connector or two more on the B16A2.

yeah choosing the a2 bottom is definitely good thing. it has a little bit more compression. but you should be ablr to mate the block and head with no problems. hope it works out for ya. trust me when its done.... you will be like damn i built that shit myself. not too many people can even do that. this site is killer for all of the info you need on hondas. hey i was a rook once too and this site helped me with my build big time. good luck :spin:

Back