b16 and b18 engine weights?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

severus

I have the choice in deciding between two hybrid EG civics. On has a b16, and the other a b18 from the GSR. Anyways, Most of you will say, "no brainer, go with the b18" But, I'm not buying this car for drag racing at all, it's to be an autocrossing car. As you all know, weight distribution and weight itself plays a huge part in winning the races at an autocross track. So this leads me to my question, which engine is heavier? Since the civic is already rather front heavy, just like any fwd car, I'd prefer to keep the front weight as low as possible. Please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

the gsr is not much heavier than the b16.... 20 lbs would be my guess....

the deck is physcially about just under an inch taller... so that adds metal all around. the IM is a bit heavier too.

That said, i think the gsr is a better choice, simply for the power it gives- mainly the torque.

autox = 95% 2nd gear sometimes going down low where 1st might be considered, but chances are it will be slower by the time you get it into 1st and get power to the ground again, so you just mat it in 2nd. here, the extra torque will play off vey much so

Back