B16/B18 deck hieght differance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

powderman

Does anyone know the deck heights of a B16 and B18? Will a DC Sport 4/2/1 , 2pc B16 header fit on a B18 LS/VTEC?

deck heights:

B16A - 203.25mm
B18A, B18B, B20B, B20Z - 211.84mm
B16B, B18C - 212.39mm

From the numbers posted above, if the header was made for a b16b it will be perfectly fine, the b16a will be pushing it. If you can fabricate basic crap, you could make a spacer between the two halves of the header and run 2 gaskets with extended bolts.. Wouldn't be hard at all with standard tools and some scrap metal.

Or you could just buy the right one.. Get a header for an Integra type R.. Same thing.

Funds are limited, I'm trying to avoid the cost of a new header when the one on it is perfectly fine. My friend works on a plasma table, I suppose if I have to I could draw one up and have him burn it for me. 9mm is not that much, I may have the clearance. I remember putting the header (4/1- 1 piece)on my LS race motor and having to pull some studs to get it on, it was so tight to the pan that it wouldnt pull up enough to get over the studs. I dont think the DC Sport 4/2/1- 2 piece is that tight.
From the numbers posted above, if the header was made for a b16b it will be perfectly fine, the b16a will be pushing it. If you can fabricate basic crap, you could make a spacer between the two halves of the header and run 2 gaskets with extended bolts.. Wouldn't be hard at all with standard tools and some scrap metal.

Or you could just buy the right one.. Get a header for an Integra type R.. Same thing.

The thing is, you don't want it to touch the pan. the header gets wicked hot. and the oil is already hot enough. you don't want to make it hotter.

Back