1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 best add on !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by GTMHONDA, Nov 1, 2009.

1. GTMHONDA

GTMHONDA New Member

Hi to you all,i am in the UK and rally a GTM,i have fitted a B16A engine in the back,untill 4 weeks ago i had a B16B ek9 motor in her but i had a valve let go on a tarmac rally i was doing,thing is it let go at 9000rpm,so the head is us,bottom end needs a rebore and piston,
    As for add ons my standard B16B,with just a spoon manifold and good ram air fillter that sits in a box about 3 feet from the engine,made 207 bhp but at 9000rpm.
    I have just fitted my spare motor,it is a B16A,standard piston,new oil pump,ACL bearings,cam belt,a standard B16 head but with Integra Type R cams.type r inlet,the same spoon manifold as before and the same filter,yesterday on the same rolling road it made
    149.2 bhp at the wheels @ 8,616 rpm
    191.9 bhp at the engine @ 8,615 rpm
    120.3 Ibft @ 6,834 rpm
    Both engines are mapped by a sponsor of mine www.gotboost.co.uk,
    it took a few hours to get this power from both engines,and we are sure the B16A would have gone to maybe 195 but with it being standard i dont want to blow any more engines up this year !!
    The short and tall of this story is the B16B cost me £1600 as a kit with gearbox,ecu ect and the B16a cost about £450 all in,i had the type r cams already.
    Not only does the B16a feel quicker but has much more responce from a slow/low rev range.
    I put most of it down to my man Craig for his mapping skills,we use crome.
    Feel free to ask any questions.
    Dean:)

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:moved:

3. eg'sforlife

eg'sforlife New Member

thats some serious driveline loss are you an auto

4. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

that's what I was thinking, I know that there is a loss but that's almost 30%

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted