B16 block and GSR head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey bro i had the same problem, i had a gsr in my ek coup i was red lining 3rd and missed 4th & hit 2nd i then herd a loud knocking nois i pulled my engen apart & found a spun rod bering it was so bad that even my crank was no good so i used a b16 block and put ls piston head cus i was told gsr head on b16 block would lower compression so i lowerd it even more 8:5 it still felt pretty fast on top end i drove it for about 3 months till i got my gerrit turbo 15lbs of boost like nutin it wasnt that much eather like 2500 labor & turbo set up
I think he meant he also threw in LS pistons... not to mention who ever told you a GSR head on any B Series block would lower compression is a complete retard.

and to Brutal :thumbsup: :lol:

piston head not rod! & thanks for corecting that guy GSR HEAD not ls head:mad:

Try using some punctuation and making your post clearer next time and maybe there won't be any confusion.

You shouldn't have even posted in here anyway...like I said, this shit was 5 years old before you brought it back from the dead...

yeah ima noob.. i barely made a account.. ima not a internet guy but my buddy showed me a thing or too... so go easy on me... but yeah i didnt notice the date on the thread... but i meant b16 block with a gsr head and ls pistons .. and it squashed my C/R to 8:5... now its running a t3/t4 garret turbo with a sleeved block... pushin 462whp at 22psi... :) but yeah thanks for noticing guys..

Yeah that makes a lot more sense now that you explain it. I thought that you had put an LS head onto a B16 block, which would make no sense whatsoever.

And yeah, just check the dates on stuff before you post. It's easy to do though, don't worry about it...

hey

since this is alive again--- thanks to thread diggers---- LS head on b16 block would that work--- i wouldnt mind trying that just to see what it does----

Does anyone have any information on this build? I have a GSR head also, and thought about buying a b16 block for cheap or just build a full GSR?

Does anyone have any information on this build? I have a GSR head also, and thought about buying a b16 block for cheap or just build a full GSR?

Did you happen to read the part where guy was getting chastised for bringing old threads back from the dead?

Anyhoo, I would just buy a GS-R or LS block. Since you have the option, why not?

Did you happen to read the part where guy was getting chastised for bringing old threads back from the dead?

Anyhoo, I would just buy a GS-R or LS block. Since you have the option, why not?

Yeah i figured i would try and keep it alive for a little bit longer to see if anyone has done the swap lol and see what kind of comp numbers and what not to expect.

i have a 04 civic EX but i want a swap, i've been trying to find out about a good swap but the answer i always get is we don't mess with such a newer car. i don't want to spend so much money on a K-20. what is better ?

you guys are funny.
WTH..

If you have a GSR head go get a 1.8 block. type R, LS, GSR, whatever just retain the torque.

Steevo: Don't mess with it. :lol: seriously. if so do a K20a3 if you're on a budget.

other than that you may want to see if the cost is worth it.
You could also turbo the existing motor.

i got a 92 eg with B16a2 block ctr pistons and a je crank with a p72-2 head itr cams itr intake mani skunk 2 valves pushin 12.5-2-1 compression and i smoke gsr's and rsx's all day long its deffinatly a good swap for a high comp build

Live I say LIVE. For a 04 the only practical was is a K series a K24 is cheap and has good tq and hp, put a type s head on and you have a kill combo. B16 head is better that GSR head, flows better and at a higher velocity.

Back