B16 build from ground up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I decided to build a B16 from the ground up. the only thing stopping me from ordering half the motor right now is the OBD question. yea i know waht OBD is but what is going to be the best build OBD 0 or 1. and how do i know what parts are for OBD 1 and 0 or does it matter, can you mix and match the parts. sorry guys im really confused.

for tuning obd1 is your best bet. and yes it matters which parts you use. an obd1 dizzy needs to match an obd1 ecu. the injectors can be obd0 so long as you keep the resistor box. if you choose to remove it then you can use the obd1 injectors. doesn't matter either way they both accomplish the same thing.

Just like D16 said, OBD1. Now that we have that out of the way, what are your plans for the build? Details man, DETAILS! :D

well after going talkin to Red Zone (honda acura shop) they told me to do a B18, and i want vtec so i think im going to go with the B18C1 and if i can somehow manage to get enough money together i know where i can get a B18C5.

but either way the build plans havnt changed much. Stage 2 cams, high comp pistons, valves, springs, and retainers, high flow injectors, some sort of race crank, eagle connecting rods, and some other stuff. but basically im going for a all motor build.

well after going talkin to Red Zone (honda acura shop) they told me to do a B18, and i want vtec so i think im going to go with the B18C1 and if i can somehow manage to get enough money together i know where i can get a B18C5.

but either way the build plans havnt changed much. Stage 2 cams, high comp pistons, valves, springs, and retainers, high flow injectors, some sort of race crank, eagle connecting rods, and some other stuff. but basically im going for a all motor build.

You do a really good job representing your company.... some sory of race crank, some other stuff... good luck though

Skip the crank. If anything, switch out to an LS crank and save yourself oogles of unecessary money in my opinion.

if anything then if i dont do the crank ill just keep the GSR crank

That's not a bad call. You would gain 2mm more of stroke if you switched to an LS crank but I do not know at what cost. Still, replacing your crank would definitely be a waste. Best of luck to you my friend. :thumbsup:

That's not a bad call. You would gain 2mm more of stroke if you switched to an LS crank but I do not know at what cost. Still, replacing your crank would definitely be a waste. Best of luck to you my friend. :thumbsup:
ill keep that in mind, thanks

Back