B16 build...help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sunnycrx

Whats up guys i just got into the honda game and wanna know what i can do to squeeze a little more power out of the b16.

Here's my current mod list:
Intake filter on stock tubing with custom ram air
header to full exhaust and greddy sp muffler
type r cams
type r manifold
vtec controller set at 5k
mugen short shifter

thanks in advance guys

when i got the car i played with the vtec and felt it best at around 5 but now i cant seem to get it any higher but tomorrow ill play with it some more.

i dont wanna spend much i wanna stay all motor with no nitrous (for now) i just wanna make as much power as i can without dropping $500+ on cams or an ecu

im thinking of getting a vafc so i can actually pick my crossover without guessing and speeding up to see were i set it at lol and so i can get a little tune done to squeeze a little more out of the motor....oh and that damn speed limiter sucks so im having a friend take it off

well every post i'v read on b16 vtec cross over every one says between 5k and 5500k is the best....regardless yours not helping much by just telling me my butt dyno sucks and not guiding me to something i can look into buying for the car

well i have type r cams and wow you still havent helped me but whatever im gonna talk to a guy tomorrow about a chipped p28 ecu and look into dyno tuning it on the weekend

you havent helped one bit in this topic and i have searched...alot...but i still dont understand some things about these cars and motors.....oh and building engines IS a game.....oh wait is a "way of life" for you? douche

your a fuckin retard i swear.....first off i didnt ask what am i doing wrong witht he build asswipe i asked what could i do to get a little more power and you STILL havent named ONE thing that can do that for me....maybe if you said "hey look for an s200 from hondata" then that would be helping...or...."skunk2 cams make a big difference" that would be helping....your just the local forum asshole who jumps at the chance to rip into a noob to this GAME of building cars....fuck you....thanks for nothing

your a fuckin retard i swear.....first off i didnt ask what am i doing wrong witht he build asswipe i asked what could i do to get a little more power and you STILL havent named ONE thing that can do that for me....maybe if you said "hey look for an s200 from hondata" then that would be helping...or...."skunk2 cams make a big difference" that would be helping....your just the local forum asshole who jumps at the chance to rip into a noob to this GAME of building cars....fuck you....thanks for nothing
ok noob,first off hes probably the most respected sourceofinfoon this site,he doesnt tear into stupid noobs untilthey make dumbass comments or failto regard his help and then say there was none,,,also your sayinghe didnt offer any info o how to gain power,read his 2 quotes i just posted,
Don't use underdrive pulleys on street cars. They're race only products.

Why is your VTEC crossover at 5k?

How much power do you want and how much do you want to spend? Note that "as much as possible" and "money doesn't matter" are not real answers.

Your butt-dyno, like everyone elses, is an extremely poor judge of power. Put your VTEC crossover back to stock and leave it there until you put the car on a real dyno.

VAFC's are horrible tuning tools compared to what's on the market today. Tuning is nowhere near as expensive as you think it is. When you actually tune your ECU you can change not only fuel at every RPM range instead of just every 300RPM, you can also change the timing maps...which is where you're going to actually find more power. You're attempting to be a cheap-ass. This is 2008, not 1998. Make use of the tools available.

What exactly are ITR cams aftermarket? what company?
and you really suck at life,,,you didnt know what itr cams were but you claim to have type-r cams???:huh:

just another failed noob

Blanco is one of the most respected people on this forum. He knows his shit. Just because he didn't tell you what you wanted to hear doesn't mean you should get all pissy. Instead, you should listen and learn. And from what you just said, it's obvious you haven't learned jack shit.

Building an engine isn't just a matter of throwing a bunch of brand name parts into it. After-market cams are not a "one size fits all" solution. You need to research the specs on a bunch of different cams and determine which would work best with your existing setup and your overall goals. Same thing with tuning, it's not as simple as buy a chip, stick it in your ECU and go. What you need to do is take your car to a reputable tuning shop, tell them what your power goals are, and then see what they recommend for cams and tuning...

your a fuckin retard i swear.....

Wrong thing to say. Its really too bad you gave Blanco a reason to quit tryin to help you. Not only is he one of the most knowlagable ppl on this site, hes one of the most patient. Im sure his patience level for childish name calling is quite low tho.

first off i just bought the car and it had all these mods SO SORRY for not knowing the ITC CTR lingo...jackass...and is till dont see where he actually offered help on how to mod the car...he just stated things i shouldnt do...

brutal: i dont think im gonna get aftermarket cams anytime cuz most seem so be really expensive and well i really dont need it now and i'v had cammed cars before and tuning was never really a huge issue when you have street cams

he just stated things i shouldnt do...

He stated things you shouldnt do because those things cost you HP not give you HP. You have those things done to your car. Your goal is more HP, is it not? You can get more HP than you have now by puttin your crossover back to factory, like he said. Also, like he said, you dont need a VAFC. Your factory ECU can be tuned to work better than one, and its one less thing you hafta buy. Just becuase he didnt give you a list of parts and step by step directions doesnt mean hes wrong.

Dude, just like you said, you're new to Hondas, take advice from people who know Honda. Just like everyone else is telling you, he's telling you things you shouldn't do for your own good and to meet your goal of more HP.

But that's about all I'm gonna say to you, your blatant disrespect towards everyone discourages me in helping you, in a way you would understand.

brutal: i dont think im gonna get aftermarket cams anytime cuz most seem so be really expensive
ok so your new to "the game" and your already messing up,,,read my signature,
anything that is good quality usually involves a high cost,

Ok, well i spoke with kenjii from kenjii211.com and he told me according to my set up my cross over should be at 5300rpm. Also i didnt disregard any info i just asked about a VAFC cuz i knew it could be used to tune and i thought my only other option was hondata which cost $500+ but some kid told me about p28's and that you can have them chipped and tuned so thats what i'v been looking into. I really havent recieved much help in these posts other than "VAFC sucks".

And INJEN im not messing up since i dont want aftermarket cams and dont need them like i stated before i have type r cams and im fine with that for now.

So can you guys move on and just help me out a little more? suggest anything else other than cams....the guy i bought the car from gave me a box of polyurethane bushing inserts from energy suspension and the kit brings like 100 of em....should take it to a shop for that or just take my time and figure them out myself? and is it worth doing it?

Ok, well i spoke with kenjii from kenjii211.com and he told me according to my set up my cross over should be at 5300rpm. Also i didnt disregard any info i just asked about a VAFC cuz i knew it could be used to tune and i thought my only other option was hondata which cost $500+ but some kid told me about p28's and that you can have them chipped and tuned so thats what i'v been looking into. I really havent recieved much help in these posts other than "VAFC sucks".

And INJEN im not messing up since i dont want aftermarket cams and dont need them like i stated before i have type r cams and im fine with that for now.

So can you guys move on and just help me out a little more? suggest anything else other than cams....the guy i bought the car from gave me a box of polyurethane bushing inserts from energy suspension and the kit brings like 100 of em....should take it to a shop for that or just take my time and figure them out myself? and is it worth doing it?
how do you know you have type-r cams???you said you bought the car the way it is,,an your obviously new to honda's

cuz the previous owner is a friend of mine and he installed the cams and manifold himself a long time ago.....is it that hard to believe that it has type r cams?? they dont seem hard to come across so why do you guys keep asking?

Back