1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 Build Up Questions

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by allmotord16rex, Jul 21, 2003.

1. allmotord16rex

allmotord16rex Senior Member

Hey, I need some help building a B16. I have been trying to figure out different combinations for all motor power. Does anyone know which B series crankshafts with rods are compatible. I have heard the b17 rods and crank will fit, but do they need modification? What about the B18b or C cranks and rods? Thanks.

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Well you can use any B series pistons except for the B20's in order to raise compression and make that bore a littler larger by .25mm. I posted a cam guide up top so you can check out which one would fit into your budget and goal the best. P&P I would go with alaniz/portflow/dpr. Bottom end work I would trust RS machines, Ericks, IB, GE. The key with the b16 is to have a light car, and make sure to get the proper gearing that came with that motor. As far as bolt on's I would recommend Comptech Icebox, either SMSP or Hytech headers, straight through 2.5" exhaust mandrel bent piping with a nice muff. Light flywheel such as toda, jun, fidanza, spoon and a decent clutch. Port match your Tb wtih your intake manny and head for smooth flow. 12:1 compression is usually max for street use but you can go higher wtih tuning from hondata. Little wide tires that are sticky and your good to go. have fun.

Milan

3. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

to answer your question about stroking, yes B17 crank and rods, but not B18 stuff.

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

oppsss.....my bad, guess I got carried away.

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted