B16 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
I am going to start a mild build on my OBD 0 B16, (going into 89 DX hatch) I would like to get around 200 out of it, and I am sure somone knows what works and what doesn't. I've decided to go N/A for the simple fact of reliability, (this is my daily) I haven't started on the build yet until I get some advice. I will post the build as soon as I have gathered some info, what I am considering as far as parts and mods are as follows,

(Anything with a question mark is something I am unsure about and any advice would be greatly appreciated.)

Bottom End

High comp. pistons, what compression ratio 11:1, 11.5:1 or 12:1?
Stock crank and rods?
It will be rebuilt with new gaskets, bearings, and other misc. parts needed.

Top End

Cams, what stage? Any higher than 1 requires valves springs and retainers right?
Adjustable cam gears
Port and polish
Bigger valves?

Fuel

Injectors, Size?
Fuel rail
TB, Size?
FPR
Fuel pump, flow rate?
Intake mani?

Exhaust

Hytech or ITR header?
Exhaust size?
A good mufler?

Bolt ons and Electrical

Lighter flywheel
Clutch
Pulley kit
LSD? What type?
Piggy-back fuel management?
Vtec controller
Oil & Trans cooler
ECU reflash or Spoon?

That is about everything I can think of right now, if i missed anything let me know.

Thanks for the advice. The motor will be ran on premium pump gas. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as cams I heard the ITR cams work well but you need the springs, retainers and it isnt a bad idea to swap valves too because they are lighter. Salvage cams or OE replacement? As far as head work I want to open up the ports and mabye have the quench chamber clover leafed. If I was to use the ITR cams what size TB should I run as you said the size depends on cam type. 65 68 mm. The motor already has the lighter flywheel and clutch in it. Again thanks for the guidence.

Back