B16 building

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'll agree with blanco on this one. get you a low mileage z6 or y8 and turbo the piss out of it.

your prolly gonna have to get more compression to get full power from the cams anyway. not to mention the displacement will rob you of any torque you want.

easiest thing would be to get a nice nitrous 75 shot and tune with it to make sure your motor will benifit from it and not blow it up. theres alot of things you can do man.

Last edited:
Yes I'm doing an LS/Vtec right now. They can make lots of power and will have more torque than anything well besides a b20 crvtec. It would probably be the cheapest for you as well. Also if I were you I'd get some b16 pistons while your at it and raise your compression. I'm using PR3 USDM B16 pistons with a gsr head and its going to have 12.2:1 compression. With that, a good set of cams, intake mani, header, exhaust, port and polish, 255lph pump, and a good tune you should be able to make your 200whp goal.

Back