b16 cable tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i tried searching around this forum and on the net and i cant seem to find a write up or guide on what LSD is compatable with my b16 cable tranny. all i see is for hydro trannies....any help would be apreciated......would it be easier to swap in an OEM unit or are they not as effective as an aftermarket unit?????......
BTW I DONT want a phantom grip POS.....so dont mention it........thanks

go with an aftermarket unit if you got the extra money.

The stock units are good, but if you're making 250+ hp they probably won't hold too long.

I can't help with what will fit though.

ATS, Kaaz, and Quaife make LSDs for B16a cable transmissions.

the ATS and Kaaz LSDs are both clutch type LSDs, whereas the Quaife is gear oriented and also back by a lifetime warranty.

Kaaz and Quaife are priced about the same, but ATS is a little bit more and ATS also offers 16 and 20 plate metal LSDs, and 16 plate carbon LSDs.

I can't tell you which is better from experience, but i posted a similar question earlier and a lot of people backed the Quaife LSDs because they don't need to be repaired/rebuilt like clutch type LSDs and also cuz if their LSDs break they'll repair or replace the unit under warranty even if it broke while you were using it for racing and such.

Back