B16 cam gear bolts???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bolt part # 90031-PV0-003

10X30 is the measurement I got

Key part # 90741-657-000

I bought these exact parts when I put CTR camshafts in my B16A head.
10mm diamater?

There was one sitting on the bench that measures 8 x 1.25 x 30mm long - that's the one.

Probably get a size up and one down (length wise) from that to be sure. Don't want it to "Shank Out" or bottom in the cam because it's too long.

You can ensure that by screwing it in without the washer and make sure it pulls in past where the washer would engage. Do this after pulling the pulley up snugly. Back the bolt out, remove washer and screw it in.

Black or even a stainless version will work fine - they are both readily available.

Cheers!

Awesome! I'll go pick a few up, they are the only things holding me up from finishing this damn engine. Again I really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Guy

The measurement I got is from the site I posted

Check out this site.....not sure if it will take you straight to it but they have great pictures and such....its my go-to site for part number references and such. But mistakes are made....all I know is that part number worked when I installed them. I think the OP got different cam bolts. Guys lose those easily.

South Bay Honda - Honda Automotive Parts Store

95 Del Sol VTEC is the car I punched in
Just for fun, can you cross that to a D16A6 in a 1991 hatch and see what it calls out?

Yea same diagram my Honda dealer showed me yesterday, and yea 22 are the ones i ordered. Is there a way to identify the cams I have. I'm almost 99.9% sure they are OEM.

Upload a pic and I might be able to tell you. If I can't someone else should be able to.

DX motor....right?

Part # 90031-PC6-000

8X22

Del Sol VTEC

Part # 90031-PV0-003
10X30

DX motor....right?

Part # 90031-PC6-000

8X22
I checked for the 91 hatch D16A6 and it calls for an 8x22.

Your B16 could have the 10mm bolt size in the cams as noted. Just pick up a handful of each and use what fits. :)

I'll send K2e2vin some flowers since I've been such a brat. :)

^^^ Glad we got it back on topic. Kevin knows lots of stuff.......and he deserves some flowers. He tries to help guys out.....kinda like I do.

The B16 bolt is the same for the B18C1 and B18C5......I'm gonna say it.....10X30 for sure! lol

^^^ Glad we got it back on topic. Kevin knows lots of stuff.......and he deserves some flowers. He tries to help guys out.....kinda like I do.
You're right - Kevin peace brother - mean that! :)

Great parts reference link - I saved it.

Thanks for all the help and info. I'm going to run to HD right now grab some of the 8's i'll try and post a vid and show that the 10's dont even come close. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Guy

Thanks for all the help and info. I'm going to run to HD right now grab some of the 8's i'll try and post a vid and show that the 10's dont even come close. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Guy
Here's the deal. You probably got 8's. 10's are larger. So, you probably need 10's.

Yeppers! Too small means the ones you buddy gave you were 8's :ph34r:
I think the train has left the station in search of 8's. Hopefully, he took the too small bolts with him in his quest for a substitute that fits. :D

If not, I may have to send him some flowers too! This could get expensive......

Back