B16 cam gear bolts???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The bolt that fits the threads is not a cam gear bolt. I'm going to try to go to honda tomorrow and have the bolt measured. The bolts I bought were for a B16, they are the part# 90031-PV0-003. So I'm assuming that Honda does not usually put the wrong bolt in the wrong bag.

We talked about that on page 3 and I think he has a D series bolt. It should have a key way too. The site says 10X30 for a B16

Yeah I just checked(should have been the first thing I did); B18 and B16 both use an M10 bolt(99-00Si and 94-01 GSR).

The DOHCs using M8 bolt was incorrect.

The bolt that fits the threads is not a cam gear bolt. I'm going to try to go to honda tomorrow and have the bolt measured. The bolts I bought were for a B16, they are the part# 90031-PV0-003. So I'm assuming that Honda does not usually put the wrong bolt in the wrong bag.

Was it in the original bag(with red label) or one they got for you?

I've pulled up two PNs for that bolt; the one you have and 90031-PV0-305

This is where they may have made a mistake; the M8 bolt is 90031-PT0-003

Tomorrow I'm going to bring the bolt into measure it, and I'm going to have him order two new 90031-PV0-305 and the -003. See what comes of it.

Ordered.... the -305's. Did the install yesterday, no hicups. Thanks for all the help guys. Motor shoud be in next weekend.

whats the difference between the ones you bought and the 10X30's I told you they were?

Back