b16 check engine light help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its a 91 hatch with a b16 the motor was converted to obd 1. I jumped the pins on to check the light and it flashes once waits about 5-7 seconds and flashes again. Never checked the check engine light before but i believe that is for a o2 sensor. replaced the sensor and it got a little better. The car falls on its face at low rpms but clears up after about 3k. I was leaning towards the plugs but im also thinking it may be fuel related. If someone could help me that would be great. Im not sure if i was reading the codes right. I was counting the light on the dash should i look at the ecu instead. thanks in advance. sorry if there is a related topic i was trying to figure this out last night but didnt find what i was looking for

You are correct it is code 1 (02 sensor) the codes should only come from the dash your OBD1 ecu should not have a light on the (thats OBD0) definitely do a tune up and see how that goes.

sorry i put plugs wires cap rotor and pcv on yesterday and its good to go. thanks for the info. i should of done this when i first got the car but the kid just tuned it up. but he failed to mention he used junk spark plugs (fusion). so a mistake on my part for not making sure it was done right.

Back