b16 clutch cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vdubber

:ph34r: i got a 91 integra clutch cable and put it on my car. I hooke it up to the tranny first, then i went to the firewall and fed the cable through, now the cable is about an inch to 1/2 and inch to short to fit on the little resting cylinder thingy for the cable end inside the car. How do i get this freakin thing to fit.

a 91 integra clutch cable was to short!??!? normally they are like 3" to long... umm
try hooking it into the cluster 1st, and finding a shorter way down to the holder. i havent heard of it not fitting b4. if it still doesnt fit, u have to move the bracket that holds it up until it does it.

naw man, the cable is long enough it just the part where it goes in through the fire wall and the pedel that is too short, how do i fix this.\

Originally posted by vdubber@Oct 8 2003, 11:30 PM
naw man, the cable is long enough it just the part where it goes in through the fire wall and the pedel that is too short, how do i fix this.\

Make sure the clutch is all the way up, unhook the end off the tranny, and hook the end up under the dash first.

After hooking it up under the dash, it's MUCH easier to fiddle with the end in the engine bay. Usually just removing the bracket from the tranny, putting the cable through the bracket, then tightening the bracket back down will work for yah.

No the cable isn't too short in the fire wall.
You should hook up the pedal end first.
Once you have, the other end will reach the
throwout arm but the plastic adjuster screw
won't stretch up to go on the bracket.
I had to cut and reweld my transmission clutch
bracket.
It cost me $15 at midas
If you would like a photo of the bracket, I'll send you one.
Email me at ralphs@comcast.net
I took my 90 dx clutch cable to the parts store and
compared it to a 91 Teg cable and they were the
same length and same adjuster.
The problem was the JDM tranny bracket was to high.
I think the problem is that the JDM clutch cables are
shorter and different overall because of right hand drive.
I was able to have it cut and welded an inch lower and it works well
and has adjustment.

Ralph

Back