b16 compatible

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

I cant remember what is compatible with my motor.Every time i need something i get confused.What parts will fit from other motors to repair mine.Right now i need new spark plug wires and i am going to replace my distibutor.i get these parts off the 90-93 integra. the last time i went in for spark plugs i gave the wrong info,they asked for the year of my car and what liter it was.i told him it was a jdm b16a and he didnt now what to give me.all i wanted was a set of ngk plugs.also what injectors will work on my car? can i also get these off of a 90-93 itegra? i think there clogged and causing my problem with my car not starting.

The B16 is in wha tcar? What OBD are you wired for?

Plug Wires = Any DOHC B Series
Distributor = (depending on OBD wiring) 90-91 Integra (OBD0) 92-95 Integra (OBD-1 GSR), 96+ (ITR, GSR, Civic Si OBD2 A-B)
Water Pump/Timing Belt - del SOL VTEC, or 99-00 Civic Si ONLY. Not any B series will work, deals with Deck height differences.

auctually,i dont even now what obd this car is i think it is 0 .i dont know shit about this car nothing .when i traded my 88 civic i was told virtually nothing.He is super flakey and didnt give out much info.i was tired of being jerked around and sed lets do this right now.i got only the milage of the engine and how old the motor was. he's a smog tech and sed that when he ran it for smog that it would read as a 95 del sol si.This didnt make much sense, because the car wont legally pass any smog ,in its current state.and this car never auctually went through any inspection. how can i check this.its the first gen b16a cable tranny. i dont now what ecu.no rev limiter and no governor.the car is a 91 hb si.

go pop your hood and look at the block where it meets the tranny,there should be some letters and numbers stamped on it..take a pic and post it here or else just tell us what it says...

Or we can make it damn simple and you can post the year of the car. That would help... also on the vavle cover where it says DOHC VTEC...

DOHC
VTEC or...

DOHC
VTEC

Originally posted by PHOBIA@May 6 2004, 07:59 PM
.i told him it was a jdm b16a and he didnt now what to give me.all i wanted was a set of ngk plugs.also what injectors will work on my car?

its the verry first b16a with a cable tranny. the motor is in a 91 hb si.
i dont see what the point of me giving the serial number is,and yes its the dohc vtec motor.

Originally posted by spaceman@May 7 2004, 10:22 AM
go pop your hood and look at the block where it meets the tranny,there should be some letters and numbers stamped on it..take a pic and post it here or else just tell us what it says...

damn man im slow but not completly retarded.i ran the fucking numbers when i bought the car to see if it was stolen.i know how to identify a motor.i have just never dealt with a b16 before it the first one ive owned and deffinetly not the last.
ok but for the question,is there a way to identify what obd the car is running by what ecu its using.how many 02 sensors it has or anything more advanced?

take a picture,hehe...sorry dood i didnt see you post that...is it jdm?..its probably obd0 but a picture would help since you dont know what ecu you got...do you have 2 o2 sensors just look at the headers for sensors on them...check out distributorking.com(for the distributor)..hondata.com(for the ecu) and for the rest do some searching..check out honda-tech.com or something

hey thanks for the links, i have 2 sensors in my exhaust manifold but only one is hooked up,the other is fake "for the chp inspections" it just leads off to no were.
so i have one o2 sensor and i trow no codes.i allready looked aruond for the old obd guide that pissedoffsol had but he couldnt find it either .im assuming its obd 0 .
all i know about the ecu is there is 3 plug positions and no revlimiter and no governor ;) . its a jdm motor,and i wish i had a camera but i dont.

Originally posted by PHOBIA@May 7 2004, 10:52 PM
hey thanks for the links, i have 2 sensors in my exhaust manifold but only one is hooked up,the other is fake "for the chp inspections" it just leads off to no were.
so i have one o2 sensor and i trow no codes.i allready looked aruond for the old obd guide that pissedoffsol had but he couldnt find it either .im assuming its obd 0 .
all i know about the ecu is there is 3 plug positions and no revlimiter and no governor ;) . its a jdm motor,and i wish i had a camera but i dont.

Go take a look at your distributor, 2 white round plugs =OBD-0...2 square gray plugs =OBD-1...also your injector plugs should be white also. best way to check is to just pull out the ECU and look at the serial #...hope this helps

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 8 2004, 02:00 AM

Go take a look at your distributor, 2 white round plugs =OBD-0...2 square gray plugs =OBD-1...also your injector plugs should be white also. best way to check is to just pull out the ECU and look at the serial #...hope this helps

too add more to the list: check to see if your injectors are running off a resistor box if so its obd 0, check to see how man plugs go into the ecu, 2 obd 0, 3 obd1 (someone correct me if thats not true across the board) if the o2 sensor has 4 wires its obd1, if the ecu has a little red flashy led thats flashes when a cel is throw, you'll be able to see this by looking down at the top of the ecu, there a little round clear window, if this is hear its obdo, plug colors anothing good one, white plugs=obd0 grey plugs=obd1, the list goes on but im nothing else comes to mind real easy and this is far more than enough to figure it out

ok, the coil has white pluz.
the injectors are white"from what i can see with all the dirt.
the serial # on the ecu is 37820-pr3-901 "im assuming its the pr3 ecu from the jdm b16a EF8/9.

ok so my main componets come from a 90-93 integra.
fuel rails,distributor,injectors,? and its obd-0 "white plugs all the way around.
but has three seperate plugs going into the ecu."3 diff ports .

so obd-0 what parts are compatible now?
motor parts from a 90-03 integra? the reason i ask is because
my car does not want to start, it make my starter grind and is making a fucked noise,and i need to check it out.the problem is, most shops dont have a friggin clue as to what my problem is because theye mostly deal in stock cars and i dont wanna drive an hour to sacramento and find a good shop when i could figure it out my self.

dont go getting parts yet untill you know what you need..if you look at the head just above your headers you may be able to see something stamped there it should say what kind example(pr3)...basically some things you need are from 90-91 integra,some 99-00 civic si and some 94-97 del sol vtec dohc...do some more reasearch

ok, pr3 -1 stamped into the head. ive been looking around and i w\always get diff answers from people .im looking for people with this same motor and swap to inform me,cuz righnt now mi fucking clue less.except for basic knowledge.

ok.after all that my problem is my car doesnt want to start. It used to happen when i would run into the store and it would start then die out imedietly.i know now that its not my main relay because i had electrical power the whole time.so now my car hesitates to start.like a bad starter but i think the injectors are bad or a bad distributor.also my alternator rubs so it makes a bad grinding noise when i try and starts it.except for the few exceptions when im parked on a slant and it starts just fine. if the alternator had to much resistance "the frame" and it wasnt charging right would that cause this crap? when the car first started to die out periodically i went to the guy who did the swap and sed its pretty common with b series motors,"they just get flooded from time to time" I really dont know were to start.
my optima yellow top is brand new and is in good condition. damn thats a lot.

Back