B16 Crankshaft Removal Procedure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nextgensi

I have the manual for the b16, just cant find the removal procedures for the Crank bolts, cant even find the online anywhere. If anyone could help me with them, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would still take them out from the middle outwords just to be safe,as far as getting to them it pretty simple (if the motors out of the car ) if its in the car slightly more diffacult well really it would be a pain in the ass cause you would have to take the head off and work upside down etc..IM NOT RESONSIBLE FOR YOU FUCKING UP YOUR CAR but i have done this before anyway drain coolant (from the rad and the block)drain the oil take the head off unbolt the trans from the block and the flywheel take the block out take the flywheel off and put the block on a engine stand filp it oil pan side up take the oil pan off take the oil pump off take the crankshaft stiffener (its like 6 bolts you will see them) then take the connecting rod bolts out keep them in order, lay them out on peice of paper and number them or something take both the sides off its like 6- 10mm bolts on each side take them out and lightly pry the sides off,then take the crank out it might be a little hard to come out but just wiggle it a bit and pull it up from both sides.at this point you need to take the pistons out to do this you should take the blunt end of a hammer and hit the crank bolts put your hand on the bottom of the motor and pull the pistons out you need to get a gasket and seal kit and some good silicone gasket to put it back together new berrings new headbolts you have to send the block to a machine shop and have them hone the cylinders,you could also have them put the block back together so you dont have to bother and you know its done right,then put the rest of it back together keep track of all your bolts and hoses wireing etc good luck and happy tuning

the removel procedure should be in the manual its in the chilton if thats not what you have than maybe you should try that

yes, take the bolts out in sequence. I warped a main cap starting at one side on my d15, not too sure how, but platiguage was showing some seriously messed up clearances.

Back