b16 crx problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dvj-crx

not too sure what the problem is maybe you guys can help me out...

i've been having hard start ups lately and problems with the car sputtering up ect.. installed a new fuel pump from xeocron, after about 15 minutes of driving the car sputtered and died... Would hardly startup after that.. and ever since the car wont stay running for more than 15 minutes.. usually after the first startup of the day it wont start good again.. I changed the main relay with a spare that I had, the car started up alot better this morning but still the same problem.. I also converted the car to OBD1.. not i'm running the p61 with all the rywire stuff, minus 4 wire o2 sensor.. I did this thinking it might be the dizzy but still no luck, I'm gunna swap the fuel filter right now, but other than that I can't figure out what it could be.. Even though i can still hear the fuel pump turn on and off when the car is on accessories could it be that the pump is getting too hot and not working after I drive it for awhile???

any help would be appreciated, i still dont know how i'm getting to work tommarow unless i get this running.. thanks

my obd1 dizzy was bad.. i wasn't getting any spark.. put the OBD0 one back on and now it runs after I let it set for awhile.. but it still dies.. changed plugs and fuel filter still no fix.. i'm not throwing any codes.. anyone have any suggestions as to what on my car would make it die after driving a block and a half?

it sounds like a fuel problem to me. I'd double check all your fuel lines and pump to make sure. You read what happened to Civicious's civic when he messed up the fueling system?

Back