1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 CRX Tranny help

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by Mr_Sir, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Mr_Sir

Mr_Sir New Member

Hey all, I'm new here. Just recently bought a B16 swapped CRX, and last night my transmission took a shit on me.

I started leaking transmission fluid like a motha, pulled over about 1/4 mile after I noticed it, and today when I went back to check on it, the transmission is seized.

The only mods done to the engine are Skunk2 cams, SiR intake, and exhaust. I'm not looking to add any more power, and I don't track it or anything.

The question I have for you is: Find a new tranny or rebuild the one I have?? And which tranny should I look for/avoid and what rebuild kits should I look for/avoid?

I'll get some pics up of the car ASAP.
    Thanks all.

** EDIT **

The part number on my current transmission is S1 - 1001237
    I believe that make me a YS1 transmission, but I'm still somewhat new to the older Hondas.

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Tranny is a transexual , I dont think the transmission is seized, and it just depends on what you want to spend , and the ys1 is a good trans and easy to find and replace

3. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Also Welcome to Hondaswap :) Start a build thread and post up your ride

4. Mr_Sir

Mr_Sir New Member

Why do you think that? I tried getting it moving and it INSTANTLY stalled out when the clutch came out, even with raised RPMs. I know a guy who can rebuild it, what do you suggest for the kind of power I'm making?

Thank you! I will once I get the car back and have some decent pictures. I only have 1 right now. I've done a lot to it, and I have tons of parts sitting around waiting to go on.

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Ive seen first hand them run dry or full of water for years, its going to be something else, and you mean the lack or power youre making lolol im a ys1 fan personally the b16 trans is fun but not for a daily you are wound out and get shiet mpgs at highway speeds, a gsr/b16 trans with ls 5th is the sweet spot

6. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

:rolleyes::disgust:

dilbeckskate likes this.
  7. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

Yeah if you rebuild it I think LS 5th gear is almost a must for highway driving. If you do a newer transmission (hydro B16, GSR) you can get OEM Honda parts for the rebuild too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted