1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 crx turbo kit?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by b16efhatch, Mar 16, 2005.

1. b16efhatch

b16efhatch Senior Member

I saw in a magazine that theres a turbo kit for a crx with a b16 swap, I cant find the magazine. Does anyone know what turbo kit that is and who makes it?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

3. b16efhatch

b16efhatch Senior Member

I was just wondering about clearance issues between the motor and radiator to fit a turbo without modification

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

as long as the turbo is small enough, and the manifold isn't crazy, it will fit. you can always move to an EG 1/2 sized civic radiator too...

5. B16CRX

B16CRX Senior Member

I had to install a 92-95 civic radiator in my CRX to get my turbo to clear. My setup is a home made short tubular manifold, T3 .48/.60, FMIC 25x5x2.5, DSM 450cc, walboro 255lph, 62mm tb, 2" pipe from turbo to IC, 2.5" pipe from IC to intake, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust to a resonator and magnaflow muffler, tuned with turbo edit.

I will get a pic of the radiator installed in just a minute for you.

Oh yea, I also dont have ANY AC in my car. No condensor and no pipes or any AC compnents. I took out my washer fluid resivoir so I could make a cold air intake for my turbo....

EDIT:I had to modify the lower radiator support to get this to fit and cut some of the hood subframe out to clear the rad cap and mount, but its not hard at all. Just takes a lil time.

PS: PLEASE ignore the "Type R" valve cover. I have plans to grind that shit off and repaint the thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted