b16 del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h82w8

95 delsol vtec with a b16A ,I/H/E , unknown ecu(haven't checked yet)

no power, engine seems like it can't get out of it's own way fast enough, massive amounts of wet emissions even at idle, if it sits at idle their is a black trail on the ground, it has a stock cat ... is it clogged :huh: ?? I know this thing is torqueless but damn.

aren't del sol vtecs supposed to have b16a3s <_<

please help :worthy:

:woo: 300 posts and it only took two years

The engine code can be A3 or A2 on the later ones, but it should have a numerical designation at the end if it is USDM.

How long has it been running? Is it a new swap? or a stock engine? Is this a new problem?

just got the car.. I'm assuming buddy boy blew the motor and replaced it... with a cheaper b16a but isn't there an obd conflict ? I have to check to see If the harness has been hacked cause I'm almost positive the wrong ecu is running this pig. the rev limiter is set at 7600. it bogs all the way until 5000 it gets a little power but it sucks. is vtec engaging 800 rpms too soon? or is vtec engaging at all?

:cliffs:

it just feels like a 10 year old girl trying to tow a 18 foot trailer on her back going up a hill.

confirmed... just checked the ecu the harness has been converted . and on top of that the asshole took the sticker off the ecu so I don't even what ecu it is...dammit man is there any way to tell what ecu it is?

obd0?
no vtec?
7600 rev limit
:bash:

update. I found a sticker on the plug inside looks like I have a b16 running on a P28!! guess he didn't convert it to obd0 :eek: ... :eek: :angry: :ph34r:

there are two plugs with a green cover on them not connected what are those?

should I be using A p30 or a pr3? :bash:

The two plugs by the ECU that aren't plugged into anything are the service connectors, well one is.

If he hacked up the harness that could be a lot of that problem, but it sounds like the ECU is a D16Z6 P28, get a P30 and see how it is.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 10 2004, 08:45 AM
The two plugs by the ECU that aren't plugged into anything are the service connectors, well one is.

If he hacked up the harness that could be a lot of that problem, but it sounds like the ECU is a D16Z6 P28, get a P30 and see how it is.
[post=429916]Quoted post[/post]​

i concurr . . . 7600 rpm rev limit = D16Z6 p28.

and the wrong ignition maps explain why its bogging to shit and the trail of sludge explain the fuel maps being wrong.

get a p30.

:worthy: answer me this, why would the harness be cut and still have this obd1 ecu? between the chassis and the ecu the wires have this long wide black snap on cover over all the wires and it looks like electrical tape connecting wires. <_<
and whats with the obd0 motor? could it just be a replacement block? :blink:

...or maybe he pulled the whole obd0 harness and installed it through the chassis and converted to obd1 at the ecu. :unsure:

well if that is the case then your set up shouldn't run because you car is obd1 and the injectors and dizzy are obd0 it will start but it will rev limit at like 3500 because my boy did it and it was crazy he changed it all to obd1 and it worked just find so i can't see someone taking the time to hack at the wiring from your set up when in your obd1 car it is so easy to just keep everything to obd1, as for you obd0 motor what is the code on the block? is it b16a1 on it? it could be a replacement block those are easier to get then a b16a2 or i should say cheaper to get! as far as converting it at the ecu he needed to be good at wiring because the obd0 plugs are funky i think it is two big plug as to the obd1 ecu has three plugs

What color are the plugs on the motor, a milky white, or grey?

yeah dude. i think you're ok. the harness was probably just hacked up to add the vtec wires and stuff. the black plastic thing is 100% stock by the ecu conenctor. it keeps the wires more clean.

if you're throwing water-like emissions out the tail pipe- check the o2 sensor and the map sensor. those two can have drastic effects on how the car runs/burns the fuel.

:rant: these damn kids these days with their half ass custom jobs and thir rice cars ,can't leave well enough alone :p

Back