B16 differances?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

assman

how can someone tell if the b16 they have at hand is a b16 from a XSi integra, from a crx sir, or from a civic sir? how can u tell the diff between each one of theyre all obd 0 ..

err topic error should be "Differences"

I want to say they are all the same, as long as they are 1st gen. One of the JDM ones either the teg or crx had the A1 at the end the others had just an A. I believe they all had external MAP's, and the same seriel number series, white plugs etc...

o ok, so the only diff between them is that the crx one has the 10 4 compression right? and what would be the tag on the SiR II block? B16A__?

The first gen's, EDM and USDM had 10.2:1, the second gen+ JDM ones had 10.4:1. There shouldn't be a suffix on the B16A blocks, just B16A.

I have an SIR2 it only has B16A stamped on it

JDM engines don't have a number designation at the end, only USDM

hrmm, so how do u know its a SIR 2, like if someone was selling one online, and they said it was a SIR II how can u distuingish it from a reg b16

Originally posted by assman@Aug 23 2003, 05:49 AM
hrmm, so how do u know its a SIR 2, like if someone was selling one online, and they said it was a SIR II how can u distuingish it from a reg b16

I little bit of helpful info, the SiR and the SiRII, are trim levels like the DX, VX, Si etc...both came with the same B16A, and both were availible from 89-00. They just have different options.

PGMF on the intake manny for first gen
check the year on the head
if the block comes then check the tops of the pistons
Water lines ont eh rear of the block will be different from the 1 and 2 gens

On the first gens I have heard that the SiR a little bit more aggressive cam profile and appearently you can tell which ride it came from just by taking the oilcap off and checking through that, but can't verify.

In other words I had steven thompson tell me this, but who knows.

Milan

Back