1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 ef/si swap, need help with the 4 wires

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by freak86, Aug 9, 2006.

1. freak86

freak86 New Member

I have a 88 crx si, and I'm putting in b16 sir. I have my four wires connected to the vtec, vtec oil pressure, second o2, and knock. I'm going to put them into my ecu harness, but I noticed 2 of the 4 wires, I can't, because there's no pins in the harness connector that goes into the ecu for those two locations(they're empty and not used previously). So, how do I go about getting those two wires into the harness? I tried the local junkyards, and no go on crx's there. I tried to cut a harness off a 90 accord, but it had a different connector and the pins are way too small. Is there some wires on my ecu that I don't need with this b16 that I can salvage and reuse on the two locations I need? Thanks in advance for the help. Any is appreciated.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

3. freak86

freak86 New Member

Yeah, I've already figured out how to get the pins out. I just need to know what to do with the two wires that I need to put into the harness where there is NO pins. Thanks for the reply though sol.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

there should be a pin there... what ecu are you using? pw0? pr3?

5. freak86

freak86 New Member

PR3. But my old one was PM6 for the 88crxsi.
    Yeah, it f'ing sucks.
    Some guy on honda-tech wants me to buy some pins from him on ebay(which looks like it'd solve the problem. But I'm trying to get it done right now. In the middle of the swap, and the garage space is precious to someone else. But they're only like 1.50, so I might buy them from him anyways, just as last resort.
    But, do you/anyone know if I'm not using any of the wires on my stock 88crxsi harness with the PR3 ecu? That way I can just take those out and use those?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  6. freak86

freak86 New Member

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

just got to radio shack and pick up a spool of 16g wire....

8. freak86

freak86 New Member

I have wire....But that is unimportant, as it is not the problem. The problem is that I can't put the wire into the ecu connectors without pins in the connectors.....

This is why I'm asking if there is any wires on the pm6 ecu that i don't need with the pr3 ecu that way I can just take the pins/wires out of, and use the pins in the location I need them in.

Yeah......it's a little confusing. Thanks anyway. I guess I'll just wait for some pins I bought off ebay to come in, and use those.

9. freak86

freak86 New Member

Okay. So, I got the wires from the guy on ebay. They're the wrong size(at least the "A" connector pins are) I need bigger pins. The only thing I can still think of, next to finding another crx(maybe si only, not sure) for salvage which is near impossible right now, is to find out if I can take the pin out of another location on the connector and use that pin, and cut/resolder that wire for the vtec wire.

So, I guess what I'm saying is......BUMP

Anyone know if something on my old pm6 ecu's/88crxsi's stock wiring harness setup is not needed for my pr3 ecu b16 sir obd0 setup?
    I need to get this done. I'm just about done with my swap. Any knowledge on this is appreciated. Thanks.
    Pics included so you can hopefully see what I mean. Just in case anyone thinks I'm crazy.
    Wire just to the right of the connector is one I pulled from the connector to show sized, and pins to the right of that one are the ones I got from ebay(wrong ones).
    As you can see, there is no pin in A8(and there wasn't before)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  10. freak86

freak86 New Member

OK. Problem is solved. The guy from ebay sent me obd1 pins, not obd0 like I ordered. He refunded my money, and sent me the right pins now. These pins will solve my problem. Thanks anyway everyone.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted