b16 engine startup problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Scilingo

hi, i have had a problem with starting my car for about a month now. sometimes it starts, sometimes clicks, and other times makes no noise at all. i came to the conclusion that my starter was shot. so i picked up a new one and installed it the other day. And it started a few times, but once again it was not realible. it would go click click click, or it wouldnt make any nois at all...plzz if ne one has experienced this problem, let me know. or if ne one can help...plzz i need it

Originally posted by Scilingo@Feb 10 2005, 05:10 PM
i m gonna check the relay tomorrow..i'll let u guys know how it gos
[post=459322]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i know this is kinda old now but what happended? how did it go? was it the relay cus i might have the same problem on my 90 crx si with a b16 so plss let me know thanks

ok, well this is the story...i replaced the main relay....still my car wouldnt start...just 2 faint clicks comming from under my d/s part of the dash. took it to Honda diag=prob with starter...so i baught a new one, and that didnt work, and i knew the starter worked cuz i tested it b4 i put it on. Now i have come to the conclusion that it could possibly be my alarm system/remote start...Because the guy that i baught my car from did a very poor job on installing it himself.....nothing was spliced right just some tape and twisted wires......so now im tracing every wire, disconnecting them, and covering all of the exposed wires.............*BUT my car WILL Start and run when i pop the clutch, so i know its not my motor.*im having some kind of wiring problem....if my alarm isnt the problem, im just getting a crx for like under $$800 and im swaping my motor into that and scraping the civic...

Back