1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 Goin nuts, WTF!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by screwmesa, Dec 25, 2003.

1. screwmesa

screwmesa Junior Member

Drivin her down the road, hit a nasty bumb then all of a sudden timing is way fucked up?!? exhaust cam is knocking like nuts and the car dies if the accelerator is taken off....what the hell happened? I took the valve cover off and every thing looks beautiful, nothing broken. Did my timing just adjust itself or what?

2. jamesA

jamesA I'm a gun addict now. VIP

Did you check the timing belt? and why the hell is this in the EF swap forum?

3. ryanwolfe911

ryanwolfe911 Senior Member

Why the hell wouldn't it be in the EF swap forum? I am assuming he has a b16a in his CRX, so that pertains to this forum. Any way, it sounds like you knocked the timing belt off a couple of teeth, like the other guy said , I would check your cam timing.

4. jamesA

jamesA I'm a gun addict now. VIP

because he's not asking about swapping it into an EF. he's asking about trouble shooting on a B16...which if i'm not mistaken would fall under the category of General tech and Maintenance.

And I said check the belt itself, to make sure teeth aren't missing, not just the timing.

5. screwmesa

screwmesa Junior Member

problem with a swap in a ef, thus ef swap talk....anyhow, theres a few white marks on the timing belt, no teeth missing and the tdc marks seem to line up on the cam gears, i need to get a hold of a timing gun and i can go from there, gonna go ahead and replace the timing belt.

6. DA69

DA69 Senior Member

it could be the distributor too. make sure all four plug wires are firing. i had a distributor go out and it was only firing half of my motor. i had to drive like grandma all the way home. i mean if all of your timing marks line up then you should be ok as far as the cam and crank being in time.

7. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

id have to go with the timeing belt skipping a couple notches also, but a second thought, is it throwing any codes? i know i have hit bumps and knocked senors off before. . .

8. screwmesa

screwmesa Junior Member

no codes, gonna put on a new timing belt and reinstall cams, we'll see if that does it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted