1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 hatch is actin up

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by jizoedotcom, Mar 7, 2009.

1. jizoedotcom

jizoedotcom New Member

i have a 90 hatch with a b16a swap that recently began to not crank anymore. all i could hear was a little noise from the starter but no turning or cranking of the engine when I would turn the key. so I replaced the battery and still nothing. then I bought another used starter and it started up on the first try. i drove it around all day and no problems. i probably started it up 5-6 times with no problem.. but this morning i went to start it up and it was back to that little noise from the starter again and no cranking when I turned the key. so i jumped the hatch`s battery with my other car and it started up immediately.:confused:.. the hatch doesnt have a radio or anything im leaving on, so what could it be ?

2. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Make sure all your grounds are good and clean. Also do you have a CEL? My bet would be that you have a bad ground and it isnt charging.

3. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

i agree check the grounds. tired to prime my motor and didnt have all the grounds hooked up. got a noise from the starter as well

4. jizoedotcom

jizoedotcom New Member

what is a cel ? and i will check my grounds and get back to you on that one.

5. jizoedotcom

jizoedotcom New Member

oh yea .. no check engine light sorry.

6. jizoedotcom

jizoedotcom New Member

thanx guys yall were rite on point, it was the ground that connects to the neg terminal on battery to the tranny,...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted