b16 hatch might buy any pointers.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so the hatch is an Si for sure? as long as its MPFI...you can get a ZC motor and I think you can use that ECU you have and I know you can use the transmission

yes the hatch is for sure an si, I think it would be a better upgrade just to make it manual rather than a zc which would still cost me a few hundred bucks. I am waiting on a guy to reply to me about his 2nd gen b16, it comes with everything but axles and he want 650 for it all, but it is not in a car so I wouldn't see it run. This is not the shady guy with the b16 in the beat up hatch.

here is a pic of the lady driven si.

Attachments

• 1601hl9_20.jpg
    1601hl9_20.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 198
compression test it by hooking the starter up to a power source and check each cylinder
(by hatch first....lots of B16 OBD0 motors out there)

this is another one i'm going to look at for 900 this is already manual.

Attachments

• 7475h3g_20.jpg
    7475h3g_20.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 197
Its been in some type of fender bender (hood lines aren't straight near passenger headlight)

But other then that....nice picture

that's a good point, the rust free cars are very hard to come by up here in canada, home of the salted roads. The red one the guy tells me there is no rust and no bondo, it was painted a few years back, I think it is worth taking a look at.

I think your seeing the rubber hood seal that is kind of hanging off a bit and sticking out by the pass. side head light.

I would look at both and pic the best one
That rubber seal you speak of....no. Yes I know about the seal but you can tell the hood lays over the bumper too much....like a buck-tooth kid

okay...I looked again...I see the rubber flapped out so mis-alignment may not be as bad as I thought but it is still off a little (at best)

Hell...at least you have some candidates

I just think there is too many red civic's and my crx is red, I think I want it more for the change. But I have to see them up close and personal, both people selling them are motivated to sell quick, which will benefit me.

I have a red hatch.....and yes it was my last last last choice lol. But when I found it....she was just too clean and made others look like crap. I wanted white....or Si blue.....or even swirl mark black
But the red is what I got...so I agree on the white one being more appealing

I guess I will see what kind of deal I can swindle, the lady with the white seems like she wants the car gone more than she wants the money while the guy with the red car seems more hung up on the money, maybe because he knows what he has.

I'm going to see the red one tonight and hopefully the lady will reply sometime soon to go and see that aswell.

I looked at the red one last night, the body is rust free but it is not an si it has an si front bumper and hatch so the guy thought is was an si. It has a zc with dpfi and yellow junkyard writting all over the motor.

As I walked up to the car the guy had it running and all I smelled was oil, I pulled the oil filler cap off while it was running and I think it had more pressure than the exhaust.

Looks like I might be doing auto to manual conversion in the near future.

Well I got a car, a 97 hatch with no rust and it came with a 98 si motor, full exhaust, vtec controller, coilovers, skunk 2 intake manifold (brand new). The motor has about 160000kms on it. All I have to do was put the motor and shift linkage back in and do a bit of wiring for the second o2 sensor after the cat.

I found a civic hatch i think a dx, the body is absolutely brutal but it has a b16 in it. The guy wants 750 for the car and he says ecu is fried due to moisture but he has another ecu in it so it can run. I am just looking for some pointers as to what I should look for to make sure I am not getting screwed. He says it runs but there is no vtec because of ecu which is fine.

I just want it for the motor and I am looking at a mint si hatch no rust to put it in, the si has 345000 kms on it but still runs and absolutely no rust for 1000 obo. Any opinions are apreciated I want to go tonight to look at it.

buy it bro

Back