b16 head assembly for ls vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i found a great deal on a dc2 with with an ls block and a bare mildy ported and polished b16a head, like i said bare. so i was wondering besides the cams and gears, the springs, valves, and retainers what else do i need... (never torn into an OHC engine B4) btw its gonna be all buddy club parts on the head (cams, valves etc...) But after buying the car and engine alone (not including valvetrain) i'll have $3300 left is it worth it?

your parts list will look like this.... cams (no-brainer,) cam gears (same,) cam caps and the oil bars that cover them (unless the head came with them,) rocker arms and rocker arm shaft(there's two shafts,) valves, valve guides (again probably in your head,) valve seals, springs with retainers/locks AND seats (you need these,) lost motion assemblies, vtec pins (these go in the rocker arms,) valve cover, and assorted bolts/nuts along with a ls/vtec conversion kit and machining the dowel holes on the head. you're probably better off buying the thing, then buying a complete vtec head off of ebay or craigslist and selling the bare one you've got.... or you could cross your fingers and hope that endyn ever finishes the head they should have been selling for a year now.

Last edited:
Back