b16 head b20 block... wanna swap b16 internals???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

electric95122

Eg_boy_B16a
i got a jdm b16a, im wondering if i can swap my b16 internals in the b20:confused: ???.. i wonder if i can still use the pistions, and the piston rods,, or all the internals,, camshaft, pistions, rods??? what can i do?;) ? i know im goin to need the Performance LS/B20 VTEC Hardware Kit. well i know im goin to use the b16 head. or can i swap my internals in a b18 block(ls??)

basically i want to go b20 vtec with b16 internals with a b16 head?? is thats possible???

would i be able to pull on integra type R in my hatch??? with that set up??:D
:feedback:

Let's think about this, the block essentially is determining the displacement of the engine, right? Good, so, we all know that Honda engine codes tell you their displacement with the second and third characters. Hence, B20 is 2.0L and a B16 is 1.6L.

Let's stretch the IQ points here a little and say something twice, but differently. The block decides displacement, but it's the bore and the rotating assembly that actually do that. The parts inside dictate displacement.

Now let's put two and two together...

You just asked if you could put your 1.6L guts into a block that houses the guts of a 2.0L engine. Before you say anything, YES, you DID.

So, even IF the rods were long enough, the pistons had enough diameter AND you ate your Wheaties for breakfast (among other issues that make it impossible, Wheaties aside), you would be LOSING displacement and essentially would have created an OEM B16A with a trick B20X stamp from the factory on the block, effectively fooling everyone into think you have 2.0L under your hood.

So to answer your question, no.

Back