1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 head on integra 1.8l??? Good idea?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by codyb76, Aug 12, 2008.

1. codyb76

codyb76 New Member

Hi, I'm fairly new to the honda scene. Just installed a complete 99 civic SIR powertrain in my 99 hatch. Super simple swap, goes pretty good for a daily driver. Issue now is that the engine uses oil. I am assuming its rings, really smokes when i really run it hard, and blows smoke after for a bit even if i am not running it hard. Just looking for opinions on taking it apart and putting rings in. I have quite a bit of engine experience and have no issue doing this in the past with excellent results for same problem. I was wondering about the logistics of rebuilding an integra 1.8 shortblock and swapping it under my b16 head? Is this a possibility or not feasible? The other engine i have come across is a 98 crv 2.0l, wouls this shortblock work? If either worked, would the ecm cpe or would it be way out of whack, needing tuning? thanks in advance
  2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

New Jersey
    ls-vtec. cr-vtec. b20-vtec. search it here, google, wherever. It's been done and does perform well when built right.
Draft saved Draft deleted