B16 head on integra 1.8l??? Good idea?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

codyb76

Hi, I'm fairly new to the honda scene. Just installed a complete 99 civic SIR powertrain in my 99 hatch. Super simple swap, goes pretty good for a daily driver. Issue now is that the engine uses oil. I am assuming its rings, really smokes when i really run it hard, and blows smoke after for a bit even if i am not running it hard. Just looking for opinions on taking it apart and putting rings in. I have quite a bit of engine experience and have no issue doing this in the past with excellent results for same problem. I was wondering about the logistics of rebuilding an integra 1.8 shortblock and swapping it under my b16 head? Is this a possibility or not feasible? The other engine i have come across is a 98 crv 2.0l, wouls this shortblock work? If either worked, would the ecm cpe or would it be way out of whack, needing tuning? thanks in advance

ls-vtec. cr-vtec. b20-vtec. search it here, google, wherever. It's been done and does perform well when built right.

Back