1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16 Head w/ B20 Block VS. B18 Head w/ B20 Block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Ben, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Ben

Ben New Member

Which one performs best, most power, most reliability, etc.? I have heard a lot about them recently, and I have done much seaching and have come up sorta short. Has anyone done these swaps (I know have done b16 w/ b20 block). what about with a b18 head? Power wise and bolt-on upgrades wise would I be better getting a k20? I think that would be more $$$! Thanks very much.

2. Draven488

Draven488 New Member

Im working on A B18 head gsr with a b20 block, any one have any edvice or tips onthe swap or any Spec.

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

From what I've seen a GSR head vs a b16a head (example: a2 and a3) will flow roughly the same from the factory. It's all in the build really, cams, do you plan on a port and polish? 3 angle valve job?

IMO go for either one, shop around to find the best deal on either or.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

GSR has smaller combustion chambers than the b16/itr head

5. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Isn't it like a .2-.4 CR difference between the two on the same block? My opinion still says shop around for the cheaper one and build it.

6. dtob

dtob New Member

Ya shop around and get the best deal. The b16 head will have more top end power because of the port shapes which are a little more straight on the B16 but the GSR has smaller combustion chambers which is nice for a little more compression. My pick would be (which is what I am doing) GSR head with S2 vavle train and good PNP.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted