b16 IAT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sbcsam

I noticed that my b16 didn't come with a IAT(intake air temperature sensor)
the check engine lite doesn't come on but i was just wondering if this would afect my cars performance. Also my engine is leaking oil, and looks like it's leaking from the head gasket. How hard is it to replace it, and which one wil fit.

As far as the headgasket it isnt too hard just make sure you get your timing set back straight before you finish. I would get a helms manual for shit like that if you havent done it before.

you should have a iat in your manifold....if it is the sir-II it is located on the top of the manifold. If it isnt there you will have a hole in the manifold and you will definately have a cel on. and yes it will effect performance

if it's an obd2 b16, the IAT is on the intake, and there'll be a blank plug on #1 runner.

it's obd1 b16sirII,yeah I found it,its the evaporative emissions control(evap) my b16 didn't come with one,does it need it,if it doesn't what do i do with the hose that was plugged into it. and if it does need it how can i fix it.

it is for the purge solenoid. if you are using the jdm p30 ecu it doesn't look for it and it is not necesary. if you have no cel your good to go

OH yea where is the oil leaking from? which side of the motor? it is common for the oring that seals the distributor to leak. just a thought before you take the head off. Clean it off real good and then recheck it...seen it quite a few times

you don't need any of your evap purge stuff. it shouldn't throw a cel no matter what ecu you have.

thanks,its leaking from the front side of the engine where the head and the bottem meet,will a gasket from a b16a3 work?

Back